Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...


    [Tutorial] Particle system

    Share

    AlumiuN
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

    Number of posts : 52
    Age : 24
    Location : Christchurch, New Zealand
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

    [Tutorial] Particle system

    Post by AlumiuN on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:02 am

    I've just posted a tutorial for a fully fledged particle system over at DieHard Wolfers. By default it acts as a replacement for the normal rain and snow, but it can be used for just about anything you want.

    http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=6756

    mmed
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

    Male
    Number of posts : 52
    Age : 22
    Registration date : 2012-07-25

    Re: [Tutorial] Particle system

    Post by mmed on Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:23 am

    when I go to a level the game automatically closes Shocked ShockedShockedShocked

    AlumiuN
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

    Number of posts : 52
    Age : 24
    Location : Christchurch, New Zealand
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

    Re: [Tutorial] Particle system

    Post by AlumiuN on Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:15 pm

    @mmed wrote:when I go to a level the game automatically closes Shocked ShockedShockedShocked
    Hmm, that's not good. Is that following the tutorial or the pre-built code?

    EDIT: I found the issue, go redownload either the alu_particles.cpp file or the whole code.

    mmed
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

    Male
    Number of posts : 52
    Age : 22
    Registration date : 2012-07-25

    Re: [Tutorial] Particle system

    Post by mmed on Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:57 am

    @AlumiuN wrote:
    @mmed wrote:when I go to a level the game automatically closes Shocked ShockedShockedShocked
    Hmm, that's not good. Is that following the tutorial or the pre-built code?

    EDIT: I found the issue, go redownload either the alu_particles.cpp file or the whole code.

    mmm nop.is the same FrustratedFrustratedFrustrated
    I did the tutorial 4 times and does not work.when I go to any level the game closes without errors
    the code sample does not compile (.obj error??)

    EDIT:EP2 L1 ONLY WORKS...

    AlumiuN
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

    Number of posts : 52
    Age : 24
    Location : Christchurch, New Zealand
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

    Re: [Tutorial] Particle system

    Post by AlumiuN on Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:28 pm

    @mmed wrote:
    @AlumiuN wrote:
    @mmed wrote:when I go to a level the game automatically closes Shocked ShockedShockedShocked
    Hmm, that's not good. Is that following the tutorial or the pre-built code?

    EDIT: I found the issue, go redownload either the alu_particles.cpp file or the whole code.

    mmm nop.is the same FrustratedFrustratedFrustrated
    I did the tutorial 4 times and does not work.when I go to any level the game closes without errors
    the code sample does not compile (.obj error??)

    EDIT:EP2 L1 ONLY WORKS...
    OK, that's _really_ weird. If you want, email me your source code and I'll take a look at why it's happening.

    mmed
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

    Male
    Number of posts : 52
    Age : 22
    Registration date : 2012-07-25

    Re: [Tutorial] Particle system

    Post by mmed on Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:39 pm

    all levels works!

    EDIT: problem solved...you put DoSnow; instead of DoSnow();


    but.................
    apparently is not compatible with this tutorial:
    http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=6264

    no way to fix it?

    AlumiuN
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

    Number of posts : 52
    Age : 24
    Location : Christchurch, New Zealand
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

    Re: [Tutorial] Particle system

    Post by AlumiuN on Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:25 pm

    @mmed wrote:all levels works!

    EDIT: problem solved...you put DoSnow; instead of DoSnow();


    but.................
    apparently is not compatible with this tutorial:
    http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=6264

    no way to fix it?
    Yeah, I kind of fucked that up. I've fixed it in the tutorial now.

    And I think you can do that tutorial, but instead of putting the code below the line 'if (!*statptr->visspot) continue;', put it below the line'"visptr->next = NULL;'. This is because the way I've had to rewrite that function means that at the point you'd normally insert the code visptr doesn't actually exist.

    mmed
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

    Male
    Number of posts : 52
    Age : 22
    Registration date : 2012-07-25

    Re: [Tutorial] Particle system

    Post by mmed on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:47 am

    @AlumiuN wrote:
    @mmed wrote:all levels works!

    EDIT: problem solved...you put DoSnow; instead of DoSnow();


    but.................
    apparently is not compatible with this tutorial:
    http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=6264

    no way to fix it?
    Yeah, I kind of fucked that up. I've fixed it in the tutorial now.

    And I think you can do that tutorial, but instead of putting the code below the line 'if (!*statptr->visspot) continue;', put it below the line'"visptr->next = NULL;'. This is because the way I've had to rewrite that function means that at the point you'd normally insert the code visptr doesn't actually exist.
    this works!
    thanks AlumiuN Very HappyVery Happy

    I'll make some new particles...Basketball

    Sponsored content

    Re: [Tutorial] Particle system

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:35 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:35 am