Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+2
Jon Wells
JDMGD0
6 posters

(Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up?

stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

(Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up? Empty (Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up?

Post by stathmk Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Youtube videos have been freezing up today.  They freeze up between 2 seconds and 3 minutes if they load at all.  I've tried restarting the computer 3 times.  I've tried different anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.  I've tried loading videos in another browser.

If it makes a difference, I think I'm using the latest Windows Vista with the most current update.

Does anybody know what I need to do to fix this?  I'll be re-installing Adobe Flash or searching the internet for a couple hours for answers.
    Jon Wells
    Jon Wells
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Male
    Number of posts : 22
    Hobbie : Pixel Art, Retro Music Junkie
    Registration date : 2013-09-24

(Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up? Empty Re: (Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up?

Post by Jon Wells Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:04 pm

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

(Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up? Empty Re: (Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi Allan!

Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

(Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up? Empty It might be spyware

Post by stathmk Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:22 pm

It’s probably not that simple, Chokster.  I reinstalled Adobe Air and Adobe Flash.  I cleared my cache, but it’s a little better.  Some Youtube videos still crash.  I think I have a spyware that’s either VigLink or made to look like VigLink as a libel/slander scam.  VigLink underlines words into spam hyperlinks at inappropriate times.  That might have something to do with it and it’s somewhat like this: https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t2475-why-does-firefox-double-underline-almost-random-words-into-links

Does anybody besides me have a spyware somewhat like VigLink that underlinks words into spam hyperlinks at inappropriate time?

It’s after midnight and I’ll see what I can do tomorrow.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

(Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up? Empty Youtube is now loading a little bit better.

Post by stathmk Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Youtube is now loading a little bit better.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Yuotube is an interesting place on multiple levels...

Firstly we know that looking at the comments section is a bad idea for your mental health... Yet we do it anyways...

Secondly we know so much video is being uploaded every second, Youtube is a neverending black hole of storage woes even for Google... This ad revenue stuff is an interesting thing for the content providers... you can get more views and less money, make better content but get less views which may lead to more or less money...

Thirdly, Google invented Gmail, but the comment system for Youtube has been fucked up and now with the whole Google+ implementation, hehe.

BOB'S TANK, ANYBODY?

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Jon Wells
    Jon Wells
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Male

Post by Jon Wells Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:38 am

I never was a fan of Google+ (or any other social network like FailBook, for that matter). I had to Adblock every instance of it and use Ghostery and DoNotTrackMe combined so they don't track my every move (but you never know if it will ever work...)

So much for "Don't Be Evil"... (Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up? Lol
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

(Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up? Empty Re: Youtube

Post by stathmk Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:00 am

Dark_wizzie wrote:...Firstly we know that looking at the comments section is a bad idea for your mental health... Yet we do it anyways...
    I have seen angry, strange, or frivolous comments on Youtube where I think, "There's no way on this world or any other that I would type that."

Back to my Youtube loading problem.  I'm setting up a better anti-virus because other web sites take too long to load.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:37 pm

stathmk wrote:
    Dark_wizzie wrote:...Firstly we know that looking at the comments section is a bad idea for your mental health... Yet we do it anyways...
    I have seen angry, strange, or frivolous comments on Youtube where I think, "There's no way on this world or any other that I would type that."

Back to my Youtube loading problem.  I'm setting up a better anti-virus because other web sites take too long to load.
    Have you tried just using another browser?

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

(Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up? Empty I tried other browsers.

Post by stathmk Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Dark_wizzie wrote:
    stathmk wrote:

I tried other browsers.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:56 pm

stathmk wrote:
    Dark_wizzie wrote:
    stathmk wrote:

I tried other browsers.
    Perhaps it's your internet being clogged up. Have you tried speedtest? How is the CPU usage looking at idle?

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

(Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up? Empty Update

Post by stathmk Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:14 pm

I had to restart my computer several times yesterday and today.  After some of the restarts, it would take several minutes to load up, and that Firefox, Chrome, and McAfee Total Protection 2013 wouldn't load at all when clicked on.  I'm going to have to try more virus scans and a backup service like Carbonite.

Speedtest?  Which Speedtest from download.com do you recommend?  There are different choices.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:05 pm

No, not from download.com, the website.
    http://www.speedtest.net/
    It tests your internet speed.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    JDMGD0
    JDMGD0
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Number of posts : 94
    Job : Professional Napper
    Hobbie : Napping of course :P
    Registration date : 2013-06-21

Post by JDMGD0 Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:46 am

Wouldn't formatting be easier? Razz

Let's think of a siggy... Well, I'd rather nap... :O
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

(Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up? Empty Speedtest.net

Post by stathmk Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:11 am

Thursday night and Friday morning, I had to restart my computer 5 or 6 times to get it to run faster.  Youtube, Chrome, Firefox, and the anti-virus programs are now loading faster.

But anyways, here are my computer’s Speedtest.net results:
    Ping: 19 ms
    Download Speed: 21.39 Mbps
    Upload Speed: 4.51 Mbps

Is that pretty much normal for Windows Vista?
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:41 am

Your internet speed is quite fast. So it's probably not due to slow internet connection.
    Vista is junk, considering getting Windows 7... so 1) You're off Vista 2) Reformat tends to fix performance issues anyways.

I used CCleaner to try to declutter gunk from the PC but it won't turn a broken computer into a functional one.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

(Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up? Empty Viglink?

Post by stathmk Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Dark_wizzie wrote:Your internet speed is quite fast. So it's probably not due to slow internet connection.
    Vista is junk, considering getting Windows 7... so 1) You're off Vista 2) Reformat tends to fix performance issues anyways.

I used CCleaner to try to declutter gunk from the PC but it won't turn a broken computer into a functional one.
    I didn't use CCleaner yet because I've forgotten to.  Some days my computer is fast and other times it's as slow as molasses.

Dark_Wizzie, if you're reading this, I wasn't able to uninstall/remove Viglink from my computer.  I mentioned Viglink and it's possibly a virus or Trojan Horse.  I only notice Viglink on wolf3d.darkbb.com, so possibly it's infected the forum somehow.  You might see if you can remove it from your forum.  One of the guys on the forum has an unpronounceable user name with a J in it and Viglink underlined "Professional Napper."  If I move the cursor over "Professional Napper" without right clicking, then it indicates at the bottom of the browser that it's Viglink.  Viglink has also infected text like "Batman" on the forum when other users post.  Clicking the refresh/reload button just makes it inappropriately underline other text instead.
    JDMGD0
    JDMGD0
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Number of posts : 94
    Job : Professional Napper
    Hobbie : Napping of course :P
    Registration date : 2013-06-21

Post by JDMGD0 Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:49 am

Oh, that's me Sad

Let's think of a siggy... Well, I'd rather nap... :O

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi Nelson!

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:55 pm

Which person, I only see two possibilities:
    https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/u582
    https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/u151

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

(Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up? Empty Re: It is. But since I am woman,

Post by stathmk Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Chokster37 wrote:
    stathmk wrote:It’s probably not that simple, Chokster.
    It is. But since I am woman, I will offer no further explanation, expecting you to read my mind, yet getting angry at you if you do, then talk about you behind your back to all my friends either way who will all take my side (even you never knew you had a side to begin with in an argument that you never knew existed) because I am a woman. This is our way of creating a false sense of empowerment over men, we will make you believe you have done something wrong even if you are simply breathing and existing! We are always right, and questioning anything we say that makes no sense to you in prohibited (and will result in further consequences)! Smile
    Chris is an angry alter ego who debates?  For some reason, this reminds me of a clip from a South Park episode that I saw part of where a really crazy man who's a teacher against evolution shouted, "Evolution?  I'm not a monkey!  I'm a woman!"  I really don't like South Park anymore.

I can't read your mind because it's closed.  Sad  Please make sure that your pharmacist sold you the correct dosage of your meds and that you are feeling alright before you post.  Smile  You didn't notice or didn't care to mention that I responded to one of your alter egos at https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t3001-hello .  Smile
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Chokster38 and Chokster37 are COMPLETELY different people! Different avatars and everything!

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:19 am

I've been getting videos stopping and needing a refresh too.
    This is stupid. First Google+ comments, now this.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:58 am

Hi Guy!

Jon Wells
    Jon Wells
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Male

Post by Jon Wells Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:29 am

Chokster37 wrote:Still works fine for me. You can come to Canada and rent my 2004 laptop for $100/hr. Razz
    LOL. I think it's more of a spontaneous problem that is occurring without warning. Either that or his ISP is throttling his YouTube viewing experience... scratch
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:59 am

Shouldn't be, speeds are still fast. It's just Youtube. Extra ironic when Youtube doesn't play nice with Chrome.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Andy
    Andy
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2007-12-22

Post by Andy Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:08 pm

When Google says "don't be evil" they are speaking to others, not to themselves. Only crazy people speak to themselves. cyclops
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Andy wrote:When Google says "don't be evil" they are speaking to others, not to themselves. Only crazy people speak to themselves. cyclops
    scared 

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

(Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up? Empty ...VigLink-like spybot...

Post by stathmk Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:56 pm

stathmk wrote:It’s probably not that simple, Chokster.  I reinstalled Adobe Air and Adobe Flash.  I cleared my cache, but it’s a little better.  Some Youtube videos still crash.  I think I have a spyware that’s either VigLink or made to look like VigLink as a libel/slander scam.  VigLink underlines words into spam hyperlinks at inappropriate times.  That might have something to do with it and it’s somewhat like this: https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t2475-why-does-firefox-double-underline-almost-random-words-into-links

Does anybody besides me have a spyware somewhat like VigLink that underlinks words into spam hyperlinks at inappropriate time?

It’s after midnight and I’ll see what I can do tomorrow.
    Does anybody besides me have a VigLink-like spybot on their computer that messes with viewing wolf3d.darkbb.com ?  I'm trying to figure out how to uninstall it.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Not me.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    AlumiuN
    AlumiuN
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

Post by AlumiuN Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:15 am

I'm not entirely sure how they work, but I think they act as extensions in the browser. You should be able to remove them.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

(Solved) How do you stop Youtube videos from freezing up? Empty Here’s what I tried and it worked

Post by stathmk Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:18 pm

I had forgotten to post a few days ago.

Here’s what I tried and it worked:
    -Ran anti-virus scanners that I already have
    -I did research on the internet
    -The Opt out of viglink hyperlink doesn’t work by itself: http://www.viglink.com/opt-out/
    -I tried http://malwaretips.com/blogs/green-double-underlined-ads-removal/ and it must have had a delayed reaction
    -I watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzBqnLgOzwM
    -Erased/uninstalled Spigot (A spyware where I don’t know how it’s gotten there.)
    -Erased/uninstalled DynamicPricer.dll from C drive
    -Erased/uninstalled uTorrent and I want to forget about uTorrent
    -Install Noscript for Firefox and Adblock Plus for Firefox.  Then Noscript blocked me from Facebook.  So I uninstalled it.
    -I read this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_xp/double-underlined-text-ads/8b7426d3-8c9d-4b05-842c-051e4cd30268
    -I had to restart my computer a couple times.  There was a delayed reaction.

Now it’s not showing random words as double-underlined green spam links.  It’s not showing random words as double-underlined black spam links.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm