Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

5 posters

Good mods that still need SDL & would (probably) not be hard to convert

WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Good mods that still need SDL & would (probably) not be hard to convert Empty Good mods that still need SDL & would (probably) not be hard to convert

Post by WolfForever Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:26 am

I always believe that you can take care of the not so hard stuff if nothing else, so I wanted to create this thread. What are some you can think of? My list would currently include (intentionally not mentioning WSJ stuff BTW, because you never know what he might be doing, as per Totenkopf SDL):

Operation Panzerschiff
    Escape from SS Prison
    Project Weltuntergang (might not be hard)
    Rising Evil (again not sure if it would be tough or not)
    Chemical Warfare (third and final one I'll list that I'm not sure about difficulty of converting)
    Trilogy Revisited + Nocturnal Missions (per the author, the ONLY change here is ceiling colors)
    Map Making Melee Contest
    Spear of Destiny Mappack (by Megabyte)
    Team Aardwolf Mapset
    Deadly Sleep

That's ten from me and I think I'll stop there for now but hopefully this thread will be a good opportunity to pool some not-so-hard future suggestions, which I why I created it. Smile
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Good mods that still need SDL & would (probably) not be hard to convert Empty Re: Good mods that still need SDL & would (probably) not be hard to convert

Post by doomjedi Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:14 am

Trench Warfare
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Good mods that still need SDL & would (probably) not be hard to convert Empty Re: Good mods that still need SDL & would (probably) not be hard to convert

Post by WolferCooker Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:52 am

- Operation Todpfad
    - WSJ's mods since he's been pretty much AWOL. I don't think he'll have the time to remake his mods in SDL anymore.
    - Rising Evil 2: Double Trouble
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:42 am

Mutant Blobs from Uranus
    JDMGD0
    JDMGD0
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Number of posts : 94
    Job : Professional Napper
    Hobbie : Napping of course :P
    Registration date : 2013-06-21

Post by JDMGD0 Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:26 am

IIRC, Deadly Sleep is already available as SDL. Might be wrong tho.

Let's think of a siggy... Well, I'd rather nap... :O
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Post by WolfForever Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:27 am

Either way I hope this doesn't discourage SDL converts and/or people making mods in SDL. No words for how much I appreciate them, so much easier to run. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:52 am