Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Mapper needed for "Team RayCast"

doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Mapper needed for "Team RayCast" Empty Mapper needed for "Team RayCast"

Post by doomjedi Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:34 am

"Team RayCast" (http://www.moddb.com/company/team-raycast) is looking for another mapper for their in-dev and future Wolf3D projects (both announced - and unannounced).

We're looking for an experienced, respected, and passionate mapper with enough free time to map for large-scale projects.

For those who don't know, our team focuses mainly  on large-scale Wolf3D projects (non-"oldschool") - with many features, coding advancements, objects, mapping detail and realism (you can see our moddb page for examples of such mods).

Mapper needed for "Team RayCast" Wolf3d_oeo11

If this is something you want to do and feel capable of doing, PM us or post here. If you need any additional details about our projects, we must keep it discreet: only via PMs and only if it's relevant to your decision to offer your help or not.

This is your chance to join our Team as a full member.

Obviously, candidacy of known and respected community mappers (with availability to see/know their past mapping works) will get priority. Lesser-known mappers might be requested to produce a test map before joining.

It's very important to us that our Head Mapper RonWolf will approve the candidacy and for that person to be able to work well with RonWolf, in sync and harmony, with similar level of quality, detail, realism and style.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Mapper needed for "Team RayCast" Empty Re: Mapper needed for "Team RayCast"

Post by Dark_wizzie Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Hmm, resume better be good for this one! Slurrrpp 

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by doomjedi Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:08 am

1. Well, I'm sorry if our requests/demands might sound harsh or too filtering for some. This is free fan modding, we don't hire people for money, and this is not a job interview.

At the end - it all comes to the level of quality we want our mods to be made by, we set the bar for ourselves, and have full right to.
    Also it's obvious that already having a mapper, and for 2 or more mappers working on the same project (!) - it's reasonable for them to need to be able to work well togethet, and map witj simular quality and style - for us to create any consistent and solid mod.
    Also it's about respect to the work already done - after years of hard mod development - it's a pity to ruin it at the last moment by crappy maps, after all the work put into it in all other areas.

But please dont be discouraged by my original post - we have a great team with many exciting wolf3d projects in development - pm us, and if you have mapping experience - you have a chance to get in. But not if youre new to mapping. Sure not many have experience of mapping for such large, detail and realistic mods - but if you know mapping, if you are creative and motivated, ready to learn and for an obvious learning curve, work in a team - if you know well the basics - level planning and design, skill, enemy placing, health and ammo balancing - you have a chance to join our team

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 am