Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Blake Stone VGADICT.VSI what is it for?

iceccoldduke
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2013-07-27

Blake Stone VGADICT.VSI what is it for? Empty Blake Stone VGADICT.VSI what is it for?

Post by iceccoldduke Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:48 pm

I'm trying to port over the blake stone code I finally got it compiling under visual studio, when it gets the apogee logo all I get is garbage it has something to do with VGADICT.VSI and CAL_HuffExpand does anyone have any ideas?

Blake Stone VGADICT.VSI what is it for? Empty Re: Blake Stone VGADICT.VSI what is it for?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi Roland!

Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    iceccoldduke
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Blake Stone VGADICT.VSI what is it for? Empty Re: Blake Stone VGADICT.VSI what is it for?

Post by iceccoldduke Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:17 pm

I've been using that already : ), but do you guys know if they changed anything related to the huffman implementation from the original code? I tried to drag and drop CAL_HuffExpand from wolfenstein in there and it's either not working right or something else is trashed :/. 

Also secondly when ever I see a straight unsigned type (e.g. unsigned ), that should default to a unsigned int right? Cause there is a few places where it does a size of and it expecting a unsigned short rather than a unsigned int does anyone have any ideas? This might also be causing my problem.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Hi Arnold!

Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    iceccoldduke
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Post by iceccoldduke Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:18 pm

I didn't even know that old dos compilers didn't treat a int as 32-bit, that does help a lot, but still my problem isn't immediatly obvious. Just got to plug through it : ).

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi Harvey!

Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    iceccoldduke
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Post by iceccoldduke Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:05 pm

I imagine you will have quite a lot of work ahead of you Blake Stone VGADICT.VSI what is it for? Icon_biggrin All of the 32-bit ports for wolf3d (Wolf4SDL, Wolf4GW, ECWolf, NewWolf, WinWolf3d, etc.) seem to involve quite a lot of changes to get running in their new environment. Good luck.

I can see that now Razz, but on the bright side I got the damn thing into the main menu :/..
     Blake Stone VGADICT.VSI what is it for? Bstone11
    JDMGD0
    JDMGD0
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Number of posts : 94
    Job : Professional Napper
    Hobbie : Napping of course :P
    Registration date : 2013-06-21

Post by JDMGD0 Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Seems promising. Good luck on that Razz

Let's think of a siggy... Well, I'd rather nap... :O

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am