Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries

Poll

Have you played it and if so rate it?

[ 1 ]
    Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries Bar_left17%Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries Bar_left67%Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries Bar_left0%Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries Bar_left0%Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries Bar_left16%Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries Bar_right [16%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 6
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries Empty Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries

Post by WolfForever Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:21 am

This is a really old one. I'm wondering if anyone even recalls playing it and if so whether it's worthwhile.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries Empty Re: Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries

Post by Thomas Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:00 am

Operation Panzerschiff was one of the first mods I ever played, out of the first 5 I downloaded (Blake Wolf, Dark Dungeon 1+2 and Wolfenken) this is the one I remember the best. I got taken by the atmosphere - Ben really found some great sounds for this, the new graphics were great and became idly used years after that. The new wall designs were great, too. It had a real rustic flavor, mapping-wise... Not too many posh places and bright colors. Gray stone, wood panel, etc. etc... It's a great pendant to Episodes 1 and 3. The opening of Episode 2 (?), Castle Blaustein, has been a huge inspiration for me ever since - it's a superb opening level. The "Rocket Arena" episode was obviously just for kicks - but I've always loved the SS guards with missiles. That must've rocked the world back then in 1999 or whenever it originally came out.

Been so long since I played this. Wasn't there a huge E6L7 homage or...?

I've always loved the ending which is semi-chaotic, mapping-wise, obviously inspired by the Angel of Death level. All in all this mod is the perfect ten and I'd love to help out with an eventual SDL port.

I put "Excellent".

I started a mod in early 2005 using the mapping files for this (back then they were widely available on the Necrodog site). Boy, did I catch hell for that! Eventually the maps were used in Purgatory and I got on with back-to-basics mapping which was more fun and acceptable.

Again - an SDL port... Is very welcome!

Last edited by Thomas on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries Empty Re: Operation: Panzerschiff, by Necrodog Industries

Post by WolfForever Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:37 pm

(Sorry for bump, but relative info here)

There is no E6L7 homage from what I see in Panzerschiff. I wonder though if you're thinking of Level 41 from The Road to Neushwanstein? That level definitely is one. Probably the only one I can recall from a mod.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:49 pm

I don't even remember ever seeing or hearing about this.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 am