Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

What is your favorite (individual) level...

WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

What is your favorite (individual) level... Empty What is your favorite (individual) level...

Post by WolfForever Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:50 pm

1. in the original Wolf3D/SoD games?
    2. ever made (either original or custom mapset/mod)?

Mine:
    1. Ep 6 Level 8 Wolf3D
    2. ATAW3D Level 69
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

What is your favorite (individual) level... Empty Re: What is your favorite (individual) level...

Post by Thomas Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:20 am

E6L7 and a tie between Totengraeber's level 13 and Schabbs 2000's level 41.
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

What is your favorite (individual) level... Empty Re: What is your favorite (individual) level...

Post by WolfForever Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:07 am

Well all three of those levels take on a mazey layout, but IMO they aren't mazey in the way that really gets on my nerves, primarily because they very much have other aspects to them than just a maze, or in the case of E6L7 a lot of the maze exploration is optional. I kind of see the style you're going towards, as both Totengraeber's Level 13 and Schabbs 2000's Level 41 are generally a network of hallways with plenty of doors, some smaller corridors, and a few bigger rooms all laden with mutants, i.e. the two levels bear some similarities (even though they are different colors and by different authors).
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:47 am

I also have a soft spot for Spear Resurrection's level 13. It's so great when you have to start all over again in the middle of the game. It freshens up the gameplay, and makes you want to explore in the same curious and cautious fashion you did when you started that game. I spent a long time in that level getting the full hundred, I tell you that!
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by WolferCooker Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:00 am

I agree with you there Thomas. It's the first mod I played that you lose your weapons halfway into the game. Very clever idea back then, and it still is now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 am