Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

4 posters

Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you?

Poll

Are these classic mods among your 10-15 favorite Wolfenstein mods released to date?

[ 9 ]
    Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you? Bar_left90%Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you? Bar_right [90%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you? Bar_left10%Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you? Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you? Bar_left0%Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you? Bar_left0%Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you? Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 10
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you? Empty Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you?

Post by WolfForever Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Basically is what the question says, self-explanatory. I myself am tempted to vote that both are top 10 or at least 15. NOTE: SR strictly refers to the original release, not The Anticipation and/or the 10-year edition.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you? Empty Re: Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you?

Post by Thomas Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:10 am

For me, both are. Took me a while to admit it though. When I first got into the community, it seemed that every new guy who wanted to make a mod (Kyle, ZuljinRaynor's Spear Doomsday etc.) just made cheap clones of EoD or Spear Resurrection, using AReyeP's graphics and the same type of code. I just got fed up with it and took to what I originally liked, the classic ones. Totengraeber, WSJ, map sets etc. - then I discovered Gary Ragland - that was the best. And I began to dislike anything remotely related to MCS and AReyeP. I suppose it was a mixture of over-hype and a bit of jealousy as well.

I've only played EoD twice in full - once on "instinct" back in 2004/05, don't know if I ever won it there - but then later in 2008 with VDMSound using the mapping hint guide to get all 100 % ratios. A cheap shot, maybe, but I still had lots and lots of fun. Spear Resurrection in SDL, when I did that last year I was officially totally converted to AReyeP's mapping. lol!

So yes, for me, both are top 10 though they not always have been.
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you? Empty Re: Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you?

Post by ronwolf1705 Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:59 am

Both are. I prefer S:R overall but EoD is still phenomenal. You could use the spear as a weapon in the last level, how cool is that right?

Are SR and EoD top 10/top 15 mods for you? MMCS0206
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Post by WolfForever Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Coolest end to a game ever, or close. (Others: SR in the after-life is pretty great too, and I also really liked Chemical Warfare in how the game "ends where it all began" in terms of the story [based on Episode 4].) If you want to see what I mean, download Chemical Warfare and the last level is 37 [though there are five secret levels 38-42] so add the parameter tedlevel 36. (Since tedlevel x takes you to Level x+1)

There are others too, that I can't think of immediately. I'd mention ATAW3D, but that's not the end, it's only near the end!
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by WolferCooker Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Of course they both are, but I love EoD better. First Wolf3d mod I ever played that had a rocket launcher, textured floors and ceilings, switch automated pushwalls, reanimated enemies (Ultraclone, snowman) etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 am