Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...


    Minute Logic

    Share

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:57 am

    First topic message reminder :

    Hey guys,

    I've decided to move all of my rants, first from Facebook, to the Haven, to a blog site. It is at:

    http://www.minutelogic.blogspot.com/

    And I've named the blog "Minute Logic". No promises on when it will be updated, but at this moment I am working on fixing old and adding new content. Its focus as stated on the front page:

    This is a blog featuring articles mostly on philosophy, and using rational and logical thought to analyze situations.

    Cheers! Anti-Time

    The book is DONE.

    ‎"A thought-provoking and all-inclusive document on religion for the purposes of encouraging healthy agnostic atheism and general education to promote rational inquiry."
    310 Pages.
    Not done for profit, available on eBook in Docx and PDF format.
    hhttps://www.facebook.com/EricLin0/posts/10200709713219633

    The book is public domain.
    It is $7.50 to buy as paperback, but that is for printing costs so I don't lose money, but the download is free.


    Last edited by Dark_wizzie on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:08 am; edited 5 times in total



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1403
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    How is docx in Microsoft Office 2010 better?

    Post by stathmk on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:51 pm

    It sounds good so far. I'll probably read it when it's finished.

    @Dark_wizzie wrote:...I would recommend reading it in docx.
    I have Microsoft Office 2007 in Windows XP. I try to save files as .doc instead of .docx whenever I remember to. That's so that if I possibly ever need to have a file on our Windows 2000 computer or my web sites then it will be compatible. Am I missing something if I don't remember to upgrade to Microsoft Office 2010 or don't save as .docx? I hope that this isn't a naive question. Computer technologies change so fast.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:27 pm

    2007 should be able to read Docx, so that's not a problem. 2010 isn't that much better than 2007, and neither will 2013 in my opinion.

    Getting a docx reader (can't edit the document) is free though, from Microsoft.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:14 pm



    I just got Office 2013. Surprised



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:23 am

    If this goes well, I actually want to have it printed. I'm not going to sell it, it's just for my own personal amusement. I decided to download GIMP and I made my cover! This took me a few hours and is a reference to Hitchen's book cover.

    I quoted you, Doomjedi, hope you don't mind. Cool It's not all doom and gloom, I included a few things for a (slightly) comical effect.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dr.Zin
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Male
    Number of posts : 180
    Age : 32
    Location : Nowhere
    Message : General Programmer
    World of Tanks Username: ToreHund
    Registration date : 2010-08-11

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dr.Zin on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:35 pm

    You like philosophy, do you? Have you ever engaged in a formal or otherwise "organized" debate or dialectical discussion? Would you consider such a thing here on the forums?



    If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
    and the bus is interupted as a very last resort,
    and the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort
    then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!

    http://radix-16.com/
    Wolf3d Chat

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:19 pm

    I've never done a formal debate in real life. Never had the opportunity, and I prefer to have time to sit back and think for a little bit. I did have a debate event on Facebook, against a friend of mine. On the accouncement page, somebody wanted to challenge me before the debated started, and I obliged; for the record, to this day his abililty to rationalize makes me chuckle. (His rudeness and immaturity is also quit annoying. Apperently some people think Islam is a race.) My friend actually ended up changing his mind about the debate.

    I mean, if we're going to debate about politics, yes, it can go either way. But if we're debating about truth claims, that has a procedure that needs to be followed. If it doesn't hold to scientific inquiry, it's not worthy.
    I primarily debate religion to figure out the truth and possibly to convince. Live debates tend to be about who argues best.

    I'm fine with a debat on forums though. Minimal hassle.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dr.Zin
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Male
    Number of posts : 180
    Age : 32
    Location : Nowhere
    Message : General Programmer
    World of Tanks Username: ToreHund
    Registration date : 2010-08-11

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dr.Zin on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:28 am

    I dislike debating because, as you said, it is mostly about who can provide the most convincing argument. "Best argument" and "truth" are not one and the same. This goes quadruply sure for political debates!

    That is why I tend to favor dialectical discussion and games of reason and logic. One of which is for a person to present their belief and to be put to questions in an attempt for the questioner to cause the person to contradict himself. The catch being that the questions can only be of a "yes" or "no" nature and the answers may not offer elaboration and must be either "yes" or "no". This series of questions, if the questioner is skilled, should lead the questioned person to contradict himself from his own answers. This question-and-answer (not necessarily yes/no type) procedure is generally more productive than seeing who can argue best. Determining what is "just" and what is "unjust" from a situation through discussion is also a decent form of dialectical discussion. Although I'd say that, in general, there is an exceptionally fine line between dialectics and debate, with that line simply being how they're conducted and the end goal. The end goal of a debate is to convince people while dialectical discussions seek to distill the truth via reasoning, presentation of thesis and antithesis and so on and so forth.

    As for discussing religion, I don't think I'd be very useful at it considering I think it is a crock. What about a discussion on moral and immoral actions? Though in a separate thread, the following could be a good topic for the discussion:

    Do immoral actions which are committed in an effort to achieve a moral means make that end means immoral, whether or not that end result would normally be a moral one? Do moral actions resulting in an immoral end make those actions immoral, whether or not they would normally be moral?

    Make no comments or arguments yet, that is for the topic. But do you think that'd be fun?



    If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
    and the bus is interupted as a very last resort,
    and the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort
    then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!

    http://radix-16.com/
    Wolf3d Chat

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:09 pm

    A new short article "Eric's Top 20" .



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:34 pm

    I was having a bad day, but this cheered me up a bit.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dr.Zin
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Male
    Number of posts : 180
    Age : 32
    Location : Nowhere
    Message : General Programmer
    World of Tanks Username: ToreHund
    Registration date : 2010-08-11

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dr.Zin on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:18 pm

    Well, their argument was fallacious from the beginning. This is sort of an example of my "yes or no" game above but with more freedom with the answers. If an omnipotent being wasn't created (as they state), they cannot exist because it is readily observable scientific fact that energy and matter can neither be made nor unmade (completely annihilated from existence). I find that Occam's Razor applies here - it is far more likely that he simply doesn't exist than being some omnipotent being which defies the very laws of nature that he supposedly created. The amount of scientific explanation required to explain the existence of any deity is so mind-numbingly complex and so deeply based in theoretical physics that in the end, it is far more likely that he just doesn't exist. And even if a scientifically accurate explanation were devised, it would be impossible to actually test the theory without directly observing it happening in real-time. I find that we'd be better off putting that effort towards something that human kind can actually benefit from.



    If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
    and the bus is interupted as a very last resort,
    and the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort
    then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!

    http://radix-16.com/
    Wolf3d Chat

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:23 pm

    My point was the "Who says belief has to be justified?"
    If you're going to debate about why god is real, and you ask me why you need evidence, I mean... I even talked to another guy recently, and upon seeing him quote the bible to prove god was real, I asked "So the bible is real buecause it says it is?"

    And he responded with "Yes. But I don't expect you to." That was the entire argument and they actually feel that's enough. Blows my mind.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dr.Zin
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Male
    Number of posts : 180
    Age : 32
    Location : Nowhere
    Message : General Programmer
    World of Tanks Username: ToreHund
    Registration date : 2010-08-11

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dr.Zin on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:44 pm

    Belief doesn't need to be justifiable, which is why we differentiate between "irrational belief" and "rational belief". It is nice when a belief is grounded in pure fact, however, that has never stopped humanity before. Irrationality can only beget irrationality, so their irrational beliefs only gives them the tools to fashion an irrational defense for it.



    If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
    and the bus is interupted as a very last resort,
    and the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort
    then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!

    http://radix-16.com/
    Wolf3d Chat

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:23 pm

    I think everybody knows in a debate, it needs to be rational.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dr.Zin
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Male
    Number of posts : 180
    Age : 32
    Location : Nowhere
    Message : General Programmer
    World of Tanks Username: ToreHund
    Registration date : 2010-08-11

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dr.Zin on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:34 pm

    In an ideal world, yes, but again, they're armed with, at the risk of sounding cliche and don't pardon the pun, what god gave them. The Bible does not provide rational arguments in favor of an intelligent creator so it's followers will have no way to actually defend it with rationality. I.e. you cannot defend irrationality with rationality because it requires there to be a rational basis for the arguments. A rational argument in favor of an irrational subject doesn't really exist, a well-constructed argument exists, but not one founded in rational thinking. You're basically fighting with a rifle against a person armed with a wooden club - the debate was pretty much over before it even began. So if you're looking for rational arguments, don't debate religion, you will be disappointed time and time again.



    If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
    and the bus is interupted as a very last resort,
    and the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort
    then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!

    http://radix-16.com/
    Wolf3d Chat

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:44 pm

    My point being, I rarely see a theist literally say something so anti-logic, which even other theists will shake their head to. It's a debate suicide and everybody knows that. What he said was so blunt, it was remarkable... theists typically try to provide the best rational arguments they have, not say "I don't need a reason" up front.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dr.Zin
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Male
    Number of posts : 180
    Age : 32
    Location : Nowhere
    Message : General Programmer
    World of Tanks Username: ToreHund
    Registration date : 2010-08-11

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dr.Zin on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:19 pm

    I'm guessing their initial proposal to debate belied their actual abilities or it was very impromptu Razz.



    If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
    and the bus is interupted as a very last resort,
    and the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort
    then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!

    http://radix-16.com/
    Wolf3d Chat

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:44 am

    I'm going to hammer in more of the work this weekend on the book - If I print at the size of Hitchen's book (5.5x8), it'll be 120+ pages. I've almost finished adding all Hitchen's arguments I like, I've still got one more left: WWII...

    I want to take more time, add some Sam Harris arguments and add in some more of Dawkins' evolution stuff. (Although I don't have time to read their books.) I'll be scouring Youtube for info... And maybe I'll visit some Christian and Atheist sites. My goal is to try to make a good, decent book, instead of it being the rantings of an angry college freshman... Oh yaah, and watch mrofe Atheist Experience because there are many various arguments that are less commonly made for god which I think are worth exploring... After that maybe a long editting process. (It's stupid to print an incomplete book, both financially and intellectually)

    So yeah. This is turning up as a bigger project than I first planned. But hopefully the results are worth it - I've gotten to a point where I've worked on it too much, and I lsoe perspective of whether my work is good or bad... i"ll assume it's good though, because I'm taking what I think are the best arguments from various sources...



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Guest on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:46 pm

    Hi Charlie!


    Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:15 pm

    Chokster37 wrote:
    Eric's Top 20 wrote:1. Rational thinking will lead to a more enriched life.
    2. Religion is a bane of society.
    3. Those that cannot handle the heat of a debate and relies upon insults need not associate with me.
    4. 99.9% of all species on earth have died. We are but animals struggling to survive, with urges to reproduce. All attraction, love, etc are simply byproducts. The faster you accept the chaotic, un-designed world, the better.
    5. There is no such thing as luck. Thats an idiots way at working with statistics.
    6. Dont judge a gay person and dont judge a crossdresser.
    7. People should learn how to cook.
    8. Dont ignore somebodys feelings. Who cares if they look unattractive to you? Do their looks diminish the authenticity of their feelings? No. Dont be a dick.
    9. Theres no such thing as gently breaking the news. Its like a band-aid. Rip it off quickly. Prevent further scarring.
    10. Dont lie.
    11. Sometimes I look at the past. Sometimes the past is forgotten because of my memories. Faces fade. Things disappear. But once in a while, a song or some other trigger would remind me of the past, of the circumstances back then. Then I look at how I played my life so far, and how I really should have acted.
    12. Somebody recently called me a bitter person. Maybe I am.
    13. Dont shit me with your 1000 Facebook friends. Theyre not your friends.
    14. Ive been told I possess good intelligence. But I tell you, it means nothing. Frankly, intelligence can be gained, as can knowledge. What matters is how you utilize what you have the drive you have. The greatest did not achieve what they did without insane work ethic. This is why if I ever note my intellect, its not to establish superiority the exact opposite, and the most ironic thing may occur. That is, you end up more successful than me, because I am lazy and undisciplined.
    15. Listen to whatever you like. Quit cussing those that listen to other bands.
    16. Dont confine yourself to gender roles. Gender is an artificial and social construct.
    17. Stop saying you dont judge. You do. The faster you realize this, the better. You cant fix it if you cant recognize it. Whats worse is denial.
    18. Stop saying you are yourself. We are all influenced by society and evolution.
    19. Time heals all wounds, but it leaves a scar and renders one unfeeling. A few get infected and die, but most survive. Not stronger, just more cautious.
    20. Omniscience is the ideal state of being,
    "A man that knows something knows that he knows nothing at all."

    Take that, Random List. Razz

    Haha, absolutely. It's just a list of points I wanted to bring up. Laughing



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:58 am

    The pace of production for this book is going along quite nicely. I'm at 91 pages and it will end soon. I still need to add my points about Hitler/Stalin and elaborate on my spheel on Mormonism, but I have put in all of the Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins arguements I wanted to get in earlier. I've even taken the liberty of making a Strawman Argument section, complete from arguements provided by IronChariots.org, which features some more obscure (and complex-soundingly named) arguments.

    Of course, after all this, some massive editing will occur. I doubt this book will break the 100 page barrier, but once I print it into a book, it will rise to say, 165-175 pages or so. I still need to edit the style of my writing and correect grammar, during which time I will be on the lookout for any points I missed. By this weekend I am quite sure I can add in Mormonism/WW2/IronChariots. The organizing of different topics I spent extra time to take care of earlier is paying off. It's really easy to find topics with the table of contents, and this in turn makes it easy to edit this book.

    I want QUALITY CONTROL first and foremost. Nobody wants to read 91 pages of idiocy. Editing might take a long while.
    I am quite content with the way the book is turning out. It's much more organized than my Blog posts on religion and many times more comprehensive. Perhaps in a week or two, I'll be done, but I don't want to get ahead of myself and rush a book.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:37 am

    I am pleased to report that all content for the book have been added. At this point, pretty much all that is going to happen is editing and formatting (for ebook and the printed book versions). :-) It has hit 109 pages for Word, ~190 pages for the printed book. I might decide to add some previous posts from the blog in after I reformat and edit that as well.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:07 pm


    Had to post this. Smile



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dr.Zin
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Male
    Number of posts : 180
    Age : 32
    Location : Nowhere
    Message : General Programmer
    World of Tanks Username: ToreHund
    Registration date : 2010-08-11

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dr.Zin on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:31 pm

    Where the hell do you find these people? Do you set out bait or traps or something? Book of Faces? This gentleman seems on par with Ted Nugent in aggressive verbal tendencies.



    If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
    and the bus is interupted as a very last resort,
    and the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort
    then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!

    http://radix-16.com/
    Wolf3d Chat

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:19 pm

    Almost seems like they find me... I'd be on a Chess website and somebody says we're all going to hell for not believing in Jesus, and I'd be on Youtube discussing religion and somebody brings up my sexual oreientation...

    Seems a percetange of theists have troubles being on topic.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Thomas on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:21 am

    Gotta love the macho bullshit these people pull out every once in a while. I mean, look at Jesus. Long hair, sandals, beard, weird white cape and all, preaching about love and peace. A total hippie douche.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:01 am

    The book is DONE.

    ‎"A thought-provoking and all-inclusive document on religion for the purposes of encouraging healthy agnostic atheism and general education to promoting rational inquiry."
    239 Pages.
    Not done for profit, availible on eBook in Docx and PDF format.
    http://www.2shared.com/file/tlBsY9gC/Religion_Deconstructed_Ebook.html

    I'm finally fucking done. :3 Inb4over9000typos...

    The book is public domain.
    It is $6.20 to buy as paperback, but that is for printing costs so I don't lose money.
    http://www.lulu.com/shop/eric-lin/religion-deconstructed/paperback/product-20685357.html?mid=social_facebook_pubsharefb

    Now to get my own physical copy, I have to buy my own book. LOL. It took me FOUR HOURS to get the formatting, page numbers, headers, all to fit for both the ebook and the printed copy. And it just occured to me I just fucking typo'ed on my book description. God help us! Rolling Eyes



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:39 am


    Sorry, can't help myself

    Anybody wanna read the book? Lol. Oh well,at least some other people I know are going to read it. :-)



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:41 pm



    Talks about the book, and addresses common points. I left out infinite regression though.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:30 am

    I do intend to read this and provide some constructive feedback. When though, I don't know, been reading a lot of stuff lately so it might a take a while.




    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:48 am

    @ronwolf1705 wrote:I do intend to read this and provide some constructive feedback. When though, I don't know, been reading a lot of stuff lately so it might a take a while.
    Yay, that makes my audience six people.

    I do plan on revising this book to make it better, and adding new information in the future, although I probably won't release anything anytime soon (having people read one book is enough, telling them the book isn't the best version out there is not only annoying in its nature, it degrades the image of the first version when the first version is perfectly servicable to begin with...)...

    But at the same time, I can't spend 10 years to write the book. So long as I'm interested on this subject, I'll probably continue to learn things and gain new insight, so that would mean more contact and further revisions; as Hitcens said, he had been writing his book all his life, and I might do the same. It's good I spent some extra time to revise the text. I don't want to push out a hakf-assed book, because that screws with the reader and myself as well.

    Right now I don't have a whole lot I want to revise, but I'm sure with time there will be more. (I mean, it's like an extra 1-2 pages of data, but in the scheme of 239 pages, it's trivial for the most part.) Wink I would double down on the editting portin, eliminate any possibly reminiang typos (I typoed on the fucking book cover because I forgot to check the text on the cover!). Then writing style; my writing style seems too aprtitioned, doesn't flow as well as I'd like. But that doesn' affect the ideas of what I say, but the way one presents the ideas can change the impact it delivers and in the future I hope to have it fine-tuned.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:30 pm


    Book came in today.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:09 am

    http://minutelogic.blogspot.com/2013/02/oversimplification-love-at-first-sight.html

    A new entry has been published in the blog.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:29 pm

    http://minutelogic.blogspot.com/2013/03/predictable-irrationality.html

    predictable Irrationality, newest post.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:51 pm


    Had to post this shit. XD
    I am as bumb as dog shit because dog shit is atheist too!



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Thu May 23, 2013 1:13 am

    http://minutelogic.blogspot.com/2013/05/brain-droppings.html

    Brain Droppings. New article.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Guest on Thu May 23, 2013 3:31 pm

    Hi Brett!


    Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Thu May 23, 2013 7:16 pm

    Chokster37 wrote:
    @Dark_wizzie wrote:http://minutelogic.blogspot.com/2013/05/brain-droppings.html

    Brain Droppings. New article.
    Nice article with lots of interesting points! Nothing there I disagree with. Glad to be one of your non-existent readers. Smile

    Thanks! I'm unsure if Chokster is one, two, or three persons so I dunno. What a Face



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

    Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Age : 44
    Location : Australia
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dean on Sun May 26, 2013 7:22 am

    Four readers Smile Confirmed Athiest also, I prefer to believe in science, evidence and hard facts rather then the mis-translation of a book of fables...



    The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:11 pm

    @Dean wrote:Four readers Smile Confirmed Athiest also, I prefer to believe in science, evidence and hard facts rather then the mis-translation of a book of fables...
    More like 9 and three quarters. Wait, that would be Nexion. I think. Or something.


    The second edition of my book is out. I do not intend to actively work on the book for now, so if you decide to read it rest assured it won't be obsolete. It's 310 pages printed, 170 pages Ebook. Further information including free download link provided at:

    https://www.facebook.com/EricLin0/posts/10200709713219633

    Contains over 75 fixes in grammar, spelling, writing style, organization, and what not. I lost count after 75. Neutral New content added, cover revised to reflect the change in version.






    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1337
    Age : 38
    Location : Israel
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by doomjedi on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:23 pm

    How do you feel now, after work is done and book is released?

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:58 pm

    Well relieved it's finally done, and bored now I have nothing to do. Lol.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:46 am

    Downloaded it, and will try to read it when I have the time.




    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:41 am

    http://www.minutelogic.blogspot.com/#!http://minutelogic.blogspot.com/2013/06/favorite-poems.html
    http://www.minutelogic.blogspot.com/#!http://minutelogic.blogspot.com/2013/06/favorite-quotes-poems-my-poem.html

    Two new entries. Currently busy with real life work, will post new content when I get the chance. The first link shows my 2 poems and 3 of my favorite (and short) poems.

    The second features my favorite quotes.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:18 pm




    HMMMMMMMMM. Smile



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    JDMGD0
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Male
    Number of posts : 94
    Age : 51
    Location : Under your bed Mwahahaha :D
    Job : Professional Napper
    Hobbie : Napping of course :P
    Message : I feel like taking a nap. Oh well -.-
    Registration date : 2013-06-21

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by JDMGD0 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:25 am

    I see a LOT of hate



    Let's think of a siggy... Well, I'd rather nap... :O

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:08 am

    New article about:
    Matrix Problem, Snobby Food, and Death.

    http://minutelogic.blogspot.com/2013/07/matrix-problem-and-snobby-food.html



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:21 pm

    New blog post, "Challenging Beliefs"
    http://minutelogic.blogspot.com/2013/07/challenging-beliefs.html



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:39 am

    http://minutelogic.blogspot.com/2013/07/pseudo-intellectuals.html
    New article, Witchunt for Pseudo-Intellectuals.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:33 am

    Quick post:
    Why I Value Debating
    http://minutelogic.blogspot.com/2013/09/value-of-debating.html

    Cannibalism (Reposted in Adult Topics section of this forum)
    http://minutelogic.blogspot.com/2013/11/cannibalism.html



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:39 am

    Public Service Announcement

    http://minutelogic.blogspot.com/2014/01/public-service-announcement.html

    Short one for you.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Sponsored content

    Re: Minute Logic

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:12 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:12 am