Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+2
doomjedi
Schabbs
6 posters

2012 Presidential Election

Poll

Who do you want to be President of the United States?

[ 3 ]
    2012 Presidential Election Bar_left43%2012 Presidential Election Bar_right [43%] 
    [ 4 ]
    2012 Presidential Election Bar_left57%2012 Presidential Election Bar_right [57%] 

Total Votes: 7
    Poll closed

2012 Presidential Election Empty 2012 Presidential Election

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:00 am

This poll will be run for 36 days. It will close the day after election day. Who do you want to be President of the United States. I want Romney to be President. I can not stand Obama who keeps on saying he is sorry for the US. He also blamed the embassy attacks on the Innocence of Muslims when it was not even tied to it. Obama needs to be voted out of office. Even if the video was tied to it, that is no excuse for terrorists killing four Americans.
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

2012 Presidential Election Empty Re: 2012 Presidential Election

Post by ronwolf1705 Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:52 am

While I personally think the American elections are flawed as it is (only two candidates basically, illusion of freedom) and you guys need a new voting system, and both parties are pretty much pets of their financers, if I had to choose it'd be Obama. Romney has done such stupid things already, and he isn't even president yet. To quote Patton Oswalt 'Every dumbass statement Romney's made? He was well-rested & alert. Now imagine him bleary, roused at 3am, in a crisis'. It can only go downhill really. His quotes about the 47% are just so amazingly ignorant. It just immediately disqualifies you for the president position.

And just a fun quote I like to share: 'When you go from Eisenhower to Nixon to Reagan to W. to Palin to Bachmann to Newt to Mitt, it must be difficult to believe in evolution'

2012 Presidential Election MMCS0206
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Can't take a side, don't fully understand the American political system.

Last edited by Thomas on Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:17 pm

ronwolf1705 wrote:While I personally think the American elections are flawed as it is (only two candidates basically, illusion of freedom) and you guys need a new voting system, and both parties are pretty much pets of their financers, if I had to choose it'd be Obama. Romney has done such stupid things already, and he isn't even president yet. To quote Patton Oswalt 'Every dumbass statement Romney's made? He was well-rested & alert. Now imagine him bleary, roused at 3am, in a crisis'. It can only go downhill really. His quotes about the 47% are just so amazingly ignorant. It just immediately disqualifies you for the president position.

And just a fun quote I like to share: 'When you go from Eisenhower to Nixon to Reagan to W. to Palin to Bachmann to Newt to Mitt, it must be difficult to believe in evolution'

I don't LOVE Obama, but Romney is so retarded, Obama wins by default. The Republican campaign has been pretty weird this time around...

Herman Cain - 9-9-9 then owned by sex scandal which he handles OH SO WELL
    Michelle Bachman - Can actually compete with Sarah Palin in the stupidity contest
    Newt Gingrich - Nuff' said
    Rick Santorum - Under him, gays better go back in the closet and hide in there for eternity! Apparently saying you are gay affects the performance of the US army, and not saying you are even if you are won't. +Logiclevelup
    Romney - I KNOW HOW IT FEELS LIKE TO BE UNEMPLOYED! (Later on: "I'm not really concerned about the poor people" - Secretly filmed in fundraiser dinner)
    Ron Paul - Actually looks somewhat sane, didn't take a close look (Although looking sane next to those guys isn't exactly a difficult feat)
    Rick Perry -

...Then lets take turns having each guy soar in the polls each month...

OF COURSE OBAMA ISN'T AMERICAN! HE'S HALF KENYIAN, HALF MARTIAN, HALF PLUTONIUM, HALF URANIUM!!!!!!!
    Birth certificate? Like that proves you were born!
    GET RID OF OBAMA HE'S LIKE HITLER AND STALIN AND MUHAMMAD ALI!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Yeah... Rolling Eyes

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm

I haven't researched it myself, but I have heard good things about Ron Paul.

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Proper question: Who is actually going to vote that can vote?

Not me. Really, Really Happy

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:24 am

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:44 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/09/us-most-racially-polarised-election-white

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by WolferCooker Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:04 pm

I voted for Obama. I may not agree with everything he does, but I really don't like Romney. I wanted to see what Romney had to offer, but I believe his ideas will throw us back a few decades.

I like Obama as a person, but he has made mistakes as POTUS.
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker

Post by Schabbs Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:50 pm

I voted Romney though I don't think he will win. He made a lot of gaffes earlier in his campaign. I support him because he believes in small government. Smile

Obama comes over well, but it's all image and he hasn't got anything positive to offer. Sad

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Schabbs wrote:I voted Romney though I don't think he will win. He made a lot of gaffes earlier in his campaign. I support him because he believes in small government. Smile

Obama comes over well, but it's all image and he hasn't got anything positive to offer. Sad

I don't support him because he is dishonest and two-faced. He baptized his atheist dad after he died. My god, if I die and some asshole comes over and violates my corpse, I'd be pretty upset. I'd also be pretty dead, but if I were a ghost, I'd be a pissed ghost. That alone makes me want to slap him into oblivion. That's an inexcusable violating of the first amendment. And you know what, screw Mormons. They baptized dead Jews from the Holocaust. Many religious people are harmless. Irrational, but harmless. Obama doesn't go around baptizing people in the hood'. Of all the religions you pick one that encouraged pushing their crap into dead people that disagreed with their crap because they say it for what it is: crap.

He flat out lies in his commercials. Grants, politicians are not the best at the truth, but he literally, flat out lies in his commercials. His running mate, would-be-vice-president mate Paul Ryan is even worse. 'Obama spent money on renewable energy. A year after the company went bankrupt.' <- In that specific case, it did go bankrupt. It did under the Bush administration. But ok, let's just look at Romney. If Mccain gets to select Palin, we can dismiss Ryan because it's hard to be as stupid as Palin.

He flip flops not because he's a crappy orator, but because he changes his sides and beliefs all the time, and depending on the audience.

He's out of touch. Guy tries to pretend he knew what it was like to be poor. The guy has more money than I'll make in my entire lifetime and then some. He bets $10,000 he's right on a live debate, which is about third of the medium income of people in USA. His tax records scare him because everybody knows he's an out-of-touch rich guy. He says in a fundraiser, '47% of people don't pay income tax, they will always vote for Obama, my job is to not care about that 47%'. Corporations are people, my friend! He has the balls to say 'I drive a mustang, a ford, and a couple of Cadillacs, actually".

Asked about income distribution: 'I'm not going to define who is rich and who is not rich. I want everybody to be rich'. I'll define it for you. Mitt Romney is rich. Who's not rich are the people where $10,000 is about half/third of the medium income.

Do we hate him because he's rich? No. Henry Ford was rich. Bill gates is rich. Steve Jobs was rich. We love those guys. It's how he got rich. Venture capitalists don't make products. They find weak companies and prey on them. Even still, it's one thing to be rich that way, it's another to claim you're a poor mofo that TOTALLY gets the hobos.

Waterboarding isn't torture! It's like swimming, but with a towel over your head. Don't be hypocritical!

As Furious said in his video, if Romney moves into the White House, the place will be much smaller than a lot of his other places. So he's sacrificing a lot for the people.

---

Unrelated:

Remember when Donald Trumph wanted to join the Republican race? It's a joke. The entire Republican race this time is just a joke.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art

Post by doomjedi Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Romney is a religious mormon, whar else do you need to know NOT to vote for him? Smile
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:10 am

I have no political stance, not in my native country and definitely not on the subject of who would be the better president of the United States. Sorry.

Last edited by Thomas on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art

Post by doomjedi Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:49 am

You want to know what happens if you vote for religious parlament members especially of a more weirder and extreme sects? Come to Israel Smile
    This what awaits you.
    See the laws they try to forward.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:19 am

doomjedi wrote:Come to Israel Smile
    Not a big fan of heat.

Last edited by Thomas on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:05 am

I thought this was pretty funny:

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm

The above is quite funny if you've seen the Youtube hit here:

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:04 pm

I have only seen it once but I'm already done with that whole Gangnam Style thing.

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by WolferCooker Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:20 pm

Right from the day Obama was elected, the Republicans have refused to work with him 95% of the time so there is one reason why everything Obama signed into law was strictly partisan like the Health Care and Wall Street reforms and the first round of stimulus money under his administration.

It seems as though as time goes by, the government becomes even more partisan. To get the best results for the U.S., there MUST BE COMPROMISE. I don't care who is president and which party controls most of Congress, COMPROMISE IS KEY.

As far as foreign policy goes, don't even mess with Obama there. Though he shouldn't deserve all the credit that Bin Laden is dead, Obama showed big cojones in putting all his eggs in one basket and send the Navy SEAL team on a sneaking mission to Bin Laden's supposed hideout based on intel. Had Bin Laden got away and the terrorists wiping the Navy SEAL team out, then everyone would be taking Obama to the slaughterhouse. With the situation in Libya, Obama demonstrated the right thing to do by not going in guns-a-blazing (like Bush did in Iraq and Afghanistan) and actually letting things play out before making a decision whether or not to intervene.

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:29 pm

WolferCooker wrote:Right from the day Obama was elected, the Republicans have refused to work with him 95% of the time so there is one reason why everything Obama signed into law was strictly partisan like the Health Care and Wall Street reforms and the first round of stimulus money under his administration.

It seems as though as time goes by, the government becomes even more partisan. To get the best results for the U.S., there MUST BE COMPROMISE. I don't care who is president and which party controls most of Congress, COMPROMISE IS KEY.

As far as foreign policy goes, don't even mess with Obama there. Though he shouldn't deserve all the credit that Bin Laden is dead, Obama showed big cojones in putting all his eggs in one basket and send the Navy SEAL team on a sneaking mission to Bin Laden's supposed hideout based on intel. Had Bin Laden got away and the terrorists wiping the Navy SEAL team out, then everyone would be taking Obama to the slaughterhouse. With the situation in Libya, Obama demonstrated the right thing to do by not going in guns-a-blazing (like Bush did in Iraq and Afghanistan) and actually letting things play out before making a decision whether or not to intervene.

I think what's going on is, people are mad at congress, but never bothered to think about kicking the people in Congress out.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:17 am

Politics is one tough monkey.

Last edited by Thomas on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:48 pm

303-203 electoral votes. Umad, Romney?

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:10 am

I wonder who's going to run in 2016. Cheers to Obama! (though I personally don't really care if it was him or Romney that won)
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:54 am

America's definitely better off with Obama, glad he won.

ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by ronwolf1705 Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:26 pm

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/14/beware_of_false_gop_rebranding_efforts/

Just a heads up.