Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...


    Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Share

    Poll

    Where should this thread be?

    [ 2 ]
    40% [40%] 
    [ 3 ]
    60% [60%] 

    Total Votes: 5

    Guest
    Guest

    Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:16 am

    Does anyone on here think that Satan exists in the Wolfenstein series and the Doom series? I believe that Satan exists in the series as the Angel of Death, The Devil Incarnate, and the Harbinger of Doom. Satan also seems to be in the Nazis in the game. Notice in Wolfenstein how some of the bosses's eyes turn red? Hitler's does. I believe this indicates evidence of demonic possession. Hitler was also 100 percent responsible for his actions though. Both Hitler and Satan were 100 percent responsible for the deaths of 6 million people in real life. I also believe Satan is the Cyberdemon and the Icon of Sin in the Doom series. The Harbinger of Doom becomes the Cyberdemon. The Icon of Sin is definately Satan. We know that the Devil Incarnate has worked for Abigar in the third SOD lost episode. If this was the case, Satan would be working for Abigar. I believe that Satan could have worked for Abigar to make the world suffer. Technically, Satan is the boss of Abigar.

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1659
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Thomas on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:31 am

    And how many million people have been killed in the name of God, then? This is total bullshit. Satan does not exist at all, so of course he isn't in Doom nor Wolf nor anything else.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:11 am

    Demons exist in Wolfenstein and Doom. There is a lot of evidence to support Satan being in both games. The Icon of Sin definately refers to Satan. Satan is the father of lies. The Catholics during the crusades were being disobediant to God. God was not pleased with them. Allah and God the Trinity are not the same god. They are completely different.

    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1331
    Age : 37
    Location : Israel
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by doomjedi on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:30 am

    This thread is too religious/provocative to fit here.
    It's more about Satan in general than about Doom or Wolf3D.
    And it's dangerious to start mixing religion and games, just like mixing politics and games to say if demons were democratic or republicans.

    I think it'll fit more off-topic thread.

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1659
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Thomas on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:34 am

    He almost said some sense there about the Catholics. ANYWAY... This is stupid. Not Wolf-related whatsoever. Just filler and proof that the Internet's a kooky magnet as much as anything else.

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:19 am

    Demons are a fairly common archetype in folklore. So personally I don't think ID bothered to consider Catholic undertones as much as they wanted enemies that speak to the imagination.



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1659
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Thomas on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:24 am

    To be honest, I just think id did what they did because the average buyer (13-18 years old in the nineties) thought it was UBER-COOL and nothing more. Screw religion, demons etc. etc... This is all about appeal and the things that young boys' wow factor intrigues.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:41 am

    Ultimate Doom episode 4 used Bible references. That is also evidence to support Satan being in both games. In Doom, Stan Blazkowicz goes to Hell. I am curious to see what Brian and Eric think. When I first joined the forum, I thought the Angel of Death was Mengale. I do not think this anymore. I believe the Angel of Death is Satan.

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:45 am

    Again, it's more of a 'it appeals to the imagination' than a Catholic thing. Demons, occult and religion are powerful symbols no matter if you believe in them or not. But so are superheroes, gangsters and badasses. It's all mythology, folklore, entertainment.



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1659
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Thomas on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:15 am

    jpb6891 wrote:Notice in Wolfenstein how some of the bosses's eyes turn red? Hitler's does.
    Yup.

    jpb6891 wrote:I believe this indicates evidence of demonic possession.
    I believe this indicates evidence of using WolfEdit or whatever the hell tool they used.

    jpb6891 wrote:I believe the Angel of Death is Satan.
    I believe he's a fictitious SPRITE created for a GAME in the name of FUN and this is just ridiculous. Wizzie! Say something! scared pig pig

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:18 am

    Hi Eddie!


    Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1331
    Age : 37
    Location : Israel
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by doomjedi on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:34 am

    Moved to off-topic.
    Religion is off topic for games.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:48 am

    @doomjedi wrote:Moved to off-topic.
    Religion is off topic for games.
    I think they're related. Spear of Destiny, for instance, is ABOUT the Spear that pierced the side of Christ, which apparently gave Hitler power (according to the story in the game). "Religion" is the biggest reason Hitler did all the things he did. Seems kind of weird to separate them, as you're pretty much erasing half the game. That'd be similar to saying the music isn't part of the game, or the score system, or the levels.

    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1331
    Age : 37
    Location : Israel
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by doomjedi on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:16 pm

    Well, if it'll be request by most wolfers in this thread - I'll move it back.
    Some wolfers reported this thread as something that disturbs them - so I decided to move it to less public place.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:50 pm

    I contacted Eric regarding this thread. It is now in his hands whether to move it back or not.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5087
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:06 pm

    Cool. Now it's in adult discussions. Discuss away. Or not. Your choice.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:17 pm

    I don't think threads should be moved for the reason that we don't agree with the beliefs expressed in them. As Chris stated, there is a link between them. And who knows, perhaps our very rational arguments might change one's mind. Razz



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5087
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:29 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don't think threads should be moved for the reason that we don't agree with the beliefs expressed in them. As Chris stated, there is a link between them. And who knows, perhaps our very rational arguments might change one's mind. Razz

    Yeah, yeah, but I also need to prevent mad-fests from popping up. Heck, let's make a poll! I'll put one at the top of this thread.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:03 pm

    I would just like to see jpb react to some of our arguments presented here. Don't really care in which section it takes place.



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:20 pm

    Satan does exist in Wolfenstein 3D and Doom. Satan is the archenemy of BJ Blazkowicz in the Wolfenstein series just like he is the archenemy of Stan Blazkowicz in the Doom series. Eric, what do you think?

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:50 pm

    God is a bad hypothesis.



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1365
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    Are you feeling OK, JPB?

    Post by stathmk on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:14 pm

    Are you feeling OK, JPB?

    jpb6891 wrote:...Notice in Wolfenstein how some of the bosses's eyes turn red? Hitler's does. I believe this indicates evidence of demonic possession. ...
    It's just a game. People have red eyes in Mythology and Folklore. I never read the entire Book of Enoch, but in it Noah is a hero with red eyes. Did you notice that Jesus has red eyes and is biting on a sword in Revelation? Or are you ignoring it to suit your hypothesis that red-eyed people are demon-possessed in your view? Albinos have red eyes because of the lack of pigment. My classmates' sister was just a normal looking redhead, not an albino, and had red eyes.

    jpb6891 wrote:...Hitler was also 100 percent responsible for his actions though. Both Hitler and Satan were 100 percent responsible for the deaths of 6 million people in real life. ...
    How many times do I have to explain that about 9 million died and only the 6 million were Jewish? Hitler also hunted down Bolshevics (to my understanding), Gypsies, Jehovah's witnesses, homosexuals, lesbians, prostitutes, intellectuals, certain foreigners, and on and on. My college classmates' great aunts were in Hitler's concentration camps.

    jpb6891 wrote:...I also believe Satan is the Cyberdemon and the Icon of Sin in the Doom series. ...
    It's not 1994 anymore, so if you said this 18 years ago then you would have gotten my attention. Forgive me for sounding cynical, but that ship sailed 18 years ago for you to complain. Only one demon? In German folklore, they believed in at least 4 demons. They were Satan (Translates as satyr, betrayer, or deceiver), Lucifer the snake (Translates as "light follower," "Mercury," "Venus," or "Babylonian Prince"), Beelzebub (Translates as Baal-something), and Mammon (Angel of Greed). I didn't read the entire English translation of The Midrash or Mishna, but there's also the demon Lilith. But I don't believe in demons anyways.

    Ever read Revelation? One of America's founding fathers said that he hadn't read Revelation in 40 years because, "Revelation was written by a madman." Martin Luther almost didn't want Revelation in The Bible. It can't be healthy to read Revelation and believe it.

    If 18-year-old Doom offends you, then don't buy it. I once bought Yoshi in 1992 for the classic NES. It came with a message in the box that some games may trigger seizures in some people. The game was too normal, G-rated, and non-controversial by today's standards. An episode of Pokemon in Japanese was believed to trigger seizures in 1997. I have never heard of Wolfenstein 3D or Doom causing seizures!

    Watch this 3 part episode, but ignore the language: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    You think that Hitler was possessed or a Satanist? Vladimir Tepes, the count whom Dracula was based on, is the only dictator that I can say with a straight face that he was a Satanist. He really gave me the creeps. It's a long story. I don't care if somebody disagrees with me on this paragraph. Tepes killed 23,400 people that I've heard of and he was like a serial killer that collects trophies of body parts. He may have had mental illness caused by rabies or another brain infection as some historians believe. In medieval times, people with mentally ill infections like rabies or syphilis were believed to be possessed. Researchers now believe that infections like Herpes or Rubella may cause certain genes to activate schizophrenia.

    Do you know why at the Salem Witch Trials some of them believed that they saw demons? They had a drought where they were unknowingly eating wheat infected with ergotamine mold, the fungus that makes LCD. The demons are all in their heads.

    Oh, I had almost forgotten. Thanks for responding, Chris. But I don't believe that The Devil will pop out of my computer screen and cause me homicidal mental illness. I don't believe in The Devil. I don't blame a third party like The Devil either.

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1365
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    Gods?

    Post by stathmk on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:18 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:God is a bad hypothesis.
    God is Gods are a bad hypothesis. I don't believe in Jehovah, Elohim, Allah, Osiris, Dionysis, Mythras, Zeus, Jupiter, or basically any others.

    Edit: I don't care what section this thread is in as long as it's kept.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:22 pm

    I am a fan of Wolfenstein and Doom. I think Satan exists in both games. ID Software games have many references to Satan. They even used a cheat code for god mode which was Satan. I was not attacking the games. I was trying to have a healthy conversation about video games which I am a fan of.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5087
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:25 pm

    jpb6891 wrote:They even used a cheat code for god mode which was Satan.

    What? Are you saying 'god mode' is a reference to religion?



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:29 pm

    I am not. ID used a cheat in the Hexen/Heretic series called Satan which activated God mode. I was not complaining. I was stating my views on the games.

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1365
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    Tab-G-F10 or IDDQD?

    Post by stathmk on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:39 pm

    jpb6891 wrote:... They even used a cheat code for god mode which was Satan. I was not attacking the games. ...
    Tab-G-F10 or IDDQD?

    You think that Wolfenstein 3D and Doom lead to demon worship or homicidal behavior? Hotel Romanstein made me become a womanizer in Southeast Asia. It should come with a warning label. The Al Unser games made me a race car driver. House of the Dead made me a slayer of the undead. The Mario games made me a plumber with super-human powers to break bricks and super-human jumping power. Super Mario Bros 2 made me achieve lucid dreaming. Super Pitfall made me raid Mexican pyramids for jewels and shoot ghosts. Frogger caused me to run out into the street, get hit by cars, and resurrect. Pac-Man made me become a malnourished obese nudist with no genitalia. Mario Paint made me an artist. Gyrus made me fly in a spaceship from Pluto to The Sun. The Jurassic Park game made me hack computers and kill cloned dinosaurs. Pinball games caused me to roll around everywhere. The list goes on and on...

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:40 pm

    I was not indicating that the games lead to devil worship. I am a fan of the games. Matthew, the Satan cheat code was used by ID Software in one of the Hexen/Heretic games.


    Last edited by jpb6891 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1365
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    Heretic?

    Post by stathmk on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:41 pm

    jpb6891 wrote:I am not. ID used a cheat in the Hexen/Heretic series called Satan which activated God mode. I was not complaining. I was stating my views on the games.
    I haven't played Heretic since maybe 1997 and I have have never heard that.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:44 pm

    http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/hexenpc.html

    The cheat code satan which used God mode is in this link.


    Last edited by jpb6891 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1365
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    Hexen

    Post by stathmk on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 pm

    jpb6891 wrote:I will find it.
    Hexen: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Dagnabbit! It's a Satan, NRA, and my home state of Indiana conspiracy! I'm joking. Read the codes.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:54 pm

    I think this topic is in the wrong section. It is about ID Software. Eric, can you please move this back to ID Software? This is getting really confusing. The Wolfenstein and Doom topics belong in the ID Software section. This topic is not really an adult topic. It has been brought up in the chatbox many times. It is about Wolfenstein and Doom. The instructions on the off topic forum says make sure the topic does not fit into another section. This topic should go back to ID Software. Hopefully the votes will decide that.


    Last edited by jpb6891 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:54 pm

    I have a question: why the need to prove that Satan exists in these games?



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1365
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    Hail Sagan!

    Post by stathmk on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:55 pm

    I'd buy a game if it had Sagan instead of Satan. Oh, and Hail Sagan! Watch Carl Sagan's Cosmos on Youtube.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:02 pm

    The point of this thread is to discuss the ultimate bad guy of Wolfenstein and Doom which is Satan. I did not intend for people to react the way they did.


    Last edited by jpb6891 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1365
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    Re: I have a question:

    Post by stathmk on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:08 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I have a question: why the need to prove that Satan exists in these games?
    I think that JPB feels that the Doom pentagrams, Spear of Destiny's Angel of Death, and Abigar are glorifying the devils. But we'll have to wait for JPB to answer the question.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:09 pm

    I do not think the games glorify Satan. The games make Satan look bad. Fighting Satan in a videogame is fun.

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1365
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    My misunderstanding

    Post by stathmk on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:12 pm

    jpb6891 wrote:I do not think the games glorify Satan. The games make Satan look bad.
    My misunderstanding from your first post in the thread was that you were complaining that these games glorify devils.

    Edit: We've both played Sensenmann (Reaperman?). If you say that the mod glorified a serial killer then I agree with you. That's the creepiest mod.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:15 pm

    I like kicking Satan's butt. Very Happy

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1365
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    I'd never imagine you saying that.

    Post by stathmk on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:19 pm

    jpb6891 wrote:I like kicking Satan's butt. Very Happy
    I'd never imagine you saying that.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:23 pm

    I have big plans for Doomsday The Special Edition. Satan is going to look different. I might use another image off of imageworld or modify the two sprites.


    Last edited by jpb6891 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

    stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1365
    Age : 36
    Location : Indiana, United States
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

    Ah, Satan sees Natasha.

    Post by stathmk on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:24 pm

    This is a palindrome:
    "Ah, Satan sees Natasha."
    Thats because its read the same forwards as backwards.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:27 pm

    I need to begin working on the offline version of the Wolfenstein ARG. Hopefully I can work on it tomorrow and get it done and release it tomorrow night. I have to start all over from scratch because I lost the offline files. One of the episodes of the ARG is called His Infernal Majesty.

    Hitler did not have red eyes. Play the game again. His eyes change to red. This indicates Hitler is either demon possessed or he is a vampire in Wolfenstein 3D. On a soap opera called Port Charles, a vampires eyes turned red when he got mad. I believe Hitler in Wolfenstein 3D is demon possessed and not a vampire.

    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1331
    Age : 37
    Location : Israel
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by doomjedi on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:25 am

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Beelzebub (Translates as Baal-something)
    Baal-Zebub or Baal Zvuv. Zvuv means "fly" (in hebrew and (ancient) semitic languages).
    "Lord of the Flies" so to speak.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5087
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:36 am

    Err, Jpb has never thought that Wolf3d/Doom glorifies Satan or whatnot. He's totally fine with playing it, so on and so forth, which is why he is in this forum still. Now, as to why he feels the need to prove a connection between Christianity and these games is more of a mystery. But I don't think every question needs a reason to be asked. And as Chockster brought up, there is a little bit of evidence.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5087
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:30 am

    Extra post about this topic: The reason I decided to move it here is because this is the section for discussing potentially heated or very controversial topics. (IMO that's when topics get interesting.) Don't forget, this is the section to be in if you feel like swearing. Cool



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:56 am

    Fuck yeah



    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5087
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:15 am

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Wink



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Guest on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:40 am

    A Doomsday thread is coming to adult topics. I want to chat about Revelation and my Doomsday book series and game series. Satan will be the ultimate badguy of these also. Because of the swearing, lets keep this thread here.

    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1331
    Age : 37
    Location : Israel
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by doomjedi on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:17 pm

    I've quoted (on this very forum) my opinion on the "Revalation" before, from "Power vs. Force" book which I tend to agree with, which is based on muscle testing.

    The Old Testament calibrates at only 190. However, Genesis is at 660, Psalms is 650, Proverbs is 350. If these are excluded then the remaining Old Testament calibrates at only 125. The New Testament calibrates at 640. However if Revelations were removed (calibrates at only 70) then the New Testament would calibrate at 790.

    The current bible calibrates at 475 as a whole. To make it authentically "Holy" as the title implies, it would have to exclude all of the books of the Old Testament (except Genesis, Psalms and Proverbs) and Revelations. If that were done, then the bible would be truly "Holy" and calibrate at over 740. Importantly, the Lamsa version of the bible (Translated from Aramaic, Jesus language) is more accurate than the King James Version (translated from Greek). It calibrates 20 points higher. If the Lamsa bible excluded the old testament (except Genesis, Psalms, Proverbs) and revelations it would calibrate at 810. If Revelations were removed from the Lamsa version of the New Testament, it would calibrate at a whopping 880.

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    BTW Armageddon, for those who doesn't know - is "Har Megiddo" - Mount Megiddo in Israel. I've actually spent some time quarding "Megiddo Prison", were terrorists are held.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Is Satan in Wolfenstein and Doom?

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:59 pm


      Current date/time is Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:59 pm