Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

4 posters

The Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is being ported offline

alternate - The Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is being ported offline Empty The Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is being ported offline

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:42 pm

I am pleased to announce that the Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is getting an offline port. This means that people will be able to play the game using XAMPP. XAMPP is a web server for offline use. People also use it for online use also. The ARG did not get finished yet. People will be able to play it from beginning to end. The ARG is going to conclude offline. I will post a download link to the entire server for offline use later.

alternate - The Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is being ported offline Empty Re: The Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is being ported offline

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:18 pm

The Wolfenstein ARG will probably use Apache Server 2.22 and not XAMPP.

alternate - The Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is being ported offline Empty Re: The Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is being ported offline

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:52 pm

I have been having some problems trying to configure Apache Web Server from apachelounge.com. I am considering using Abyss for this ARG. I will have installation instructions in the zip file. Abyss is going to have to be downloaded separately. I am not allowed to upload abyss files to the internet. I will have the arg files and mysql files though. I will provide step by step instructions on how to run this arg and configure PHP and MYSQL. I did not want to go this route, but it looks like I am going to have to.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:40 pm

I am using Apache from Apache Lounge. This is going to be a great ARG. If you like puzzle games and mystery solving games, you will like this ARG.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Sceenshots?

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:34 am

I am still on working on episode 3 of 12. I might go back and work on episode 1. I thought I would have this release by Thanksgiving, it looks like it will be later now. Hopefully, I can get the entire ARG released in its entirely tomorrow. I have a lot of work to do.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnshoooooooootssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Yeah, there's too much thinking and writing and messing around and not really posting any product for people to respond to.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:45 pm

The below picture is the Triad Symbol that is going to be used in some of the websites in the game. It will first appear in episode 3. The Triad might use this symbol in the future to serve as the new tower of Babel.

alternate - The Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is being ported offline Triads10
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:30 pm

That. Is. Not. A. Screenshot. I need to add a facepalm emoticon on this forum...

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:47 am

alternate - The Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is being ported offline Face_palm_by_Draculasaurus

Take off your tinfoil hat and take a screenshot. Puh-lease!

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:40 am

For some reason you need to click on the image to see the full image. The forum cuts it off.

alternate - The Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is being ported offline Thewol10

Last edited by jpb6891 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:41 am

Let me get this straight: This is fiction in its most utter sense, that is this is NOT a modification of the Wolfenstein 3-D engine for you to play, this is merely something to read?!

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:47 am

An Alternate Reality Game is a game that uses websites to tell a story. I am also incorporating interactive fiction. It does not use the Wolfenstein 3D Engine. It is suppose to be a prequel and sequel to Rise of the Triad, Wolfenstein 3D Endgame, and Amazing Grace. Revelation is going to take place into the future. The Triad is going to appear in the future. The future leader of the Triad is going to be Lucien Judas who is going to be the antichrist in the Wolfenstein and Doom universe.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:48 am

You're one crazy madafaka, I'll give you that, but I really, really love the balance you add to this community. And I'm a big fan of alternate history fiction myself. It would be so awesome if someone had the resources to make the Robert Harris novel 'Fatherland' into a mod.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatherland_(novel)
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by ronwolf1705 Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:02 pm

And it was turned into a movie starring Rutger Hauer, so you know it's legit.

alternate - The Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is being ported offline MMCS0206
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:05 pm

Never saw that! Sometimes the book is better than the film, but in this case, I don't know. Been a while since I read it.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:08 pm

I was thinking of making a Wolfenstein 3D Endgame Special Edition mod. I need to work on Doomsday Special Edition first and get that done. I was thinking on releasing Doomsday Special Edition in December. I do not know if it will be released on December 21, 2012 though. I want to avoid releasing it on that date. I do not believe the rapture will happen on that date because the Bible says no one will know the time or the hour. Releasing it on 12-21-12 might be a good way of getting people to play a M for Mature video game about Revelation though.

Again, you have to click on the full picture to see the full image. The hacked website is a website that appears in episode 1 of the Wolfenstein ARG.

alternate - The Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is being ported offline Triadh10
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Besides, if it all goes to hell in a month we've all been wasting our precious lives doing this Wolfenshit! Cool Cool

I like HewlettPackard. That shall be the base of our new operation.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Here is the second Triad hack. This hack occurs in episode 3 of the Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game. I actually copied and pasted HTML into the forum. I do not know where it got the notebook style look. That is not part of the website. It is the forum doing that. The Triad Symbol is suppose to be centered on the page. I wanted you to see the alternative text. The reason you are not seeing an image is becuase the filename of the file is different. The one on this site is in another location.

alternate - The Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is being ported offline A href=triadsymbol.gif" alt="The Tower of Babel" width="247" height="548">
    This website got hacked by The Triad! Long live The Triad!

^%$%^$%^$*&^&*^&*^&*^&*&%^&$%^^%&*^&*^&*&(*&*(&*(&*(&(*(^&*&9873489574328957349875892348509438925083 49058490684375894365784herkjhjrkhetjkrehtwjkrhgtje rkwhtuiy278564259864738256345638755432587943856769 78^&%&^$^&*$(&$*&#%*(#&%^&#*^%*#^%7837(*$#&(*#&$*( #%^*#(&%*(#%^*#(&%*(#&%*#(#$)(@*$()*$()@*$()@*$()@ %&*#(&%*(#&%*(&%#(*#@&%*(#7%*#(&%(*#&%*(#&%*(#&%#( )*^%()#^*#()^*#&*(@^#&*@&#(*@)&%)*@(%)*@^)(@*^)(@& ^()@*^()*@(^)*@^()*@()^*@()^*()@*^()@*^()@*^()@*^( )^*()@*^()@*^()@*^()@*^()@*^)(@*^()@*^()*@^()*@()^ *@()^*()@*^()@*^()^*()@^*
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Here is BJ with the health of the mighty wrath of SATAN!

alternate - The Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game is being ported offline WSHOT012

And he's winning! It's an abomination.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Is that just a normal SS with sprite change, or is it different? That is also in The Lost Relic with extra health and different sounds to boot.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:23 am

Of course it's in Lost Relic, 'cause it's from Beyond Mutantstein Special Edition.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:09 am

If uhh, this turns into an actual shooting game, call me. Otherwise...

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Wolfenstein 3D Endgame and Amazing Grace are the shooting games based on the Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game. The Wolfenstein ARG is a game that uses secret enigma messages. People actually have to solve the Enigma Messages in the game to go to the next stage in the Endgame episode. It is fun if you like code breaking.
    Valts
    Valts
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 384
    Job : Student (Estonian University of Life Sciences)
    Hobbie : reading, history, poker, billiard and snooker, gaming
    Registration date : 2007-05-16

Post by Valts Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:16 am

Why not use AGS (Adventure Game Studio) engine? I think its fits better that website.
    Here is example : http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Games.aspx/Detail/1059/Chatroom

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:59 am

The ARG uses PHP. There are also some websites. It is not all choose your own adventure based. I want to get all 12 episodes of the Wolfenstein Alternate Reality Game released this week. This is taking longer than I realized it would take. If you do not want to play the ARG, I will release the story of it on this forum so you can read the story and still get the storyline.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:09 pm

11 episodes have been written. I am almost done writting the 12th episode.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 pm