Base off of both Doom and the first 3 Resident Evil games, the game will be just as, if not more ambitious than my last project (Guns and Glory 0.5: The Story Retold).
As I've never done a horror-themed mod before, this will both be a new challenge for myself as well as new territory for me to tread.
Here's a brief summary of the story:
Two well-meaning but ultimately failed companies, the Umbrella Corporation and the Union Aerospace Corporation have numerous times posed a threat to humanity with their products. The governments of the world have taken action against the two companies and have banned their practices on Earth and all of its territories. But, in secret, the two companies decide to join together (thus creating the Umbrella Aerospace Corporation, or UAC for short) and have set up a secret instillation on an uncharted island, which is disguised from satellites and radar for which they can perform their experiments freely. Knowing that their projects have seen failures again and again, this time the two companies, now joined as one, are instead trying to cite a failure: they seek to utilize Umbrella's virus research as a means of fighting and perhaps overtaking the Demons that are constantly provoked with the UAC's teleportation experiments.
If the Umbrella Aerospace Corporation can succeed in proving that their new products and weapons are effective against the Demon threat, then the teleportation experiments would open an entirely new method for mankind to explore the cosmos. With this goal in mind, both companies have poured all of their remaining funds into a 3-day testing period in which they will gather a massive amount of workers and security forces (many of which are ill-informed of what is to transpire), create an army of Biological weapons, and finally open two seperate portals to the demon's dimensions. Once these goals have been achieved, the two companies will initiate a massive battle on the grounds of the island instillation in which they will infect their entire staff with the brand new "D-Virus" a pathogen capable of infecting even the Demons, releasing the entirety of their biological weapons and pitting their forces against the oncoming demons, all the while recording the fray with their extensive surveylance network. After their weapons have been proven successful, a goal estimated to be met by the end of the third day, the companies will launch a nuclear warhead to erradicate the island and all upon it.
This is where our heroes come in, as they arrive at the island, blissfully unaware of what is about to transpire. Worse still, they arrive and are stranded on the island at the very end of the 2nd day. Unbeknownst to them, they have only 24 hours to escape the island before the missile hits, and the only way off the island, is barricaded beyond countless zombies, biological monsters, and demons...
The game will feature most, if not all of the following coding features:
- 4 Playable characters, each with their own unique playing style.
- 8 keys, some of which are always in specific character's possession.
- 13 weapons, 5 of which are shared amongst the different characters and 8 of which (2 per character) are solely unique to each character.
- 30+ new enemies and bosses, ranging from demons, to zombies, to countless other horrors.
- Hi-resolution sprites, and a new height-differential system, so that certain levels look like the original wolfenstein feel, and other levels that give the game a new large-scale or cavernous feel.
- A new inventory system, with each character having a different amount of certain items that they can carry.
- Treasure, Secret and Kill ratios will be eliminated, as there will be no more intermission screens between levels (barring intermission texts).
- A new money system where if the going gets tough, you can purchase weapons or ammo, provided you have the funds to do so.
- Destructable walls and other startling effects where the enemies will smash through the level itself, just to hunt you down!
- 6 episodes, each with 10 heart-pounding levels, in which there are 4 different ways to play through as each character will have their own starting position and challenges.
- New puzzle challenges, each requiring the use of the new Pushwall system, in which pushwalls only move 1 space, as to allow precise positioning within map locations.
- A limited number of saves, which can only be increased by collecting Ink Ribbons (a la Resident Evil).
- And much, much more!
Progress has not been started on this mod yet, but once the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5 is over, I'll begin working on the project in full swing.