Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+16
KasuPL
stathmk
Dark_wizzie
wolfie
WolferCooker
-Cobra-
ronwolf1705
Tragos2d
Metalor
Nexion
linuxwolf
Per-Scan
dosfan1990
Thomas
aarach
Mortimer
20 posters

[Beta 2 Artpack 1.0 released] SplitWolf

doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

[Beta 2 Artpack 1.0 released] SplitWolf Empty [Beta 2 Artpack 1.0 released] SplitWolf

Post by doomjedi Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:51 am

Beta 2 released!

Splitwolf beta 2 - from 25.11.2012

(video of pre-Beta 1....meaning old)

New in this version:

Support of more Wolf3D/Spear versions, new art and animations (including (but not only) new Boss art by Untrustable), many bugfixes (including art fix of the famous "missing frame"), tweaks and changes based on user feedback to improve the coop experience (for example player 1 is now intuitively on the right screen etc....have fun discovering the rest of the tweaks yourself), tweaks of one of the Boss fights (find out yourself why it's not a good idea to die during that one)...and more things you have to discover yourself Smile

[Beta 2 Artpack 1.0 released] SplitWolf Beta2_1

[Beta 2 Artpack 1.0 released] SplitWolf Beta2_2

SplitScreen for up to 4 players in cooperative mode on a single PC!!! (SDL)
    Support for both vertical and horizontal splitscreen!
    Minimap/radar support.

Coding: LinuxWolf
    Additional art: DoomJedi
    New Boss art by Untrustable
    Beta testing by HexaDoken

Readme:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by doomjedi on Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:25 am; edited 17 times in total
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

[Beta 2 Artpack 1.0 released] SplitWolf Empty Re: [Beta 2 Artpack 1.0 released] SplitWolf

Post by WolferCooker Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:48 am

OMG! This is awesome! But why would they all restart at the same position when one dies?
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

[Beta 2 Artpack 1.0 released] SplitWolf Empty Re: [Beta 2 Artpack 1.0 released] SplitWolf

Post by doomjedi Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:54 am

It's coop: when one dies - both die.
    So cover each other backs Smile
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently

Post by WolferCooker Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:41 am

when one dies - both die.

I've never seen a co-op under that rule. If you play any of the Serious Sam 3: BFE co-ops, one type starts you off with 3 lives each on every level, while another gives you 3 lives for one team. When one dies, others keep going until they die too.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:46 am

Well, we are open for feedbacks and suggestions. It's part of the goal releasing a playtest video.
    Nothing is set in stone yet Smile

I think it's not only more logical for coop players to escape both or none - but it's also boring for the other player to wait till the survived player dies or finishes the level.

You can save the game before a large battle Smile
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:02 am

Points taken. Can mods be made under the Splitwolf engine?
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:26 am

As I don't want to reveal by accident more than LinuxWolf planned to reveal at this point - I'll leave this question to LinuxWolf

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 am

Hi Leonard!

Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks Smile

My proud work Smile
    Nexion
    Nexion
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 275
    Hobbie : bringing chaos & madness into universe
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

Post by Nexion Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Looks like you took my idea from about a year ago and took it a step further though mine was based on the dos code. There's gonna be also a 3-player mode? Oh and SplitWolf seems to have more than 7 letters.

[Beta 2 Artpack 1.0 released] SplitWolf Splitm10
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Nexion wrote: There's gonna be also a 3-player mode?
    SplitWolf already supports up to 4 players.

Oh and SplitWolf seems to have more than 7 letters.
    Yep, it does Smile (good memory, well done!)
    Also this one is with LinuxWolf as a coder and not Lemm.
    So...I think you get what I'm saying here Smile

I'm involved in 4 Wolf3D projects. SplitWolf is just one of them. So who knows how many letters the other projects might have? Smile

[Beta 2 Artpack 1.0 released] SplitWolf Splitm10
    Wow, never saw THAT before... interesting Smile
    Is that "DeathTrigger"? Absolutely loved that mod, amazing coding features.
    Never noticed a splitscreen mode there...
    linuxwolf
    linuxwolf
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male
    Number of posts : 160
    Hobbie : Games
    Registration date : 2011-12-25

Post by linuxwolf Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:02 pm

WolferCooker wrote:Points taken. Can mods be made under the Splitwolf engine?
    Yes. The split wolf engine source will be made available after the project has been released. The engine source is based on Wolf4SDL. You can use the same tools (ChaosEdit, etc) to make mods for split wolf.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:15 pm

I have also noticed that ammo is first come first served between at least 2 players. Is it possible to make duplicate ammo in the same spot for each player to pick up?
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:19 pm

We are yet to find a good way to manage the pickups. Making duplicate pickup might allow for the same player to pick it more than once. Disabling such might lead to confusion when first player sees the pickup but can't actually pick it up. Baaad for a Boss fight...or any fight. So unless we can make that item dissapear from the view of the one who already picked it up....
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1775
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

[Beta 2 Artpack 1.0 released] SplitWolf Empty Does anybody want to play Skulltag with me this weekend?

Post by stathmk Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:48 pm

This is my 700th post!

There’s also Wolfenstein 3D Deathmatch Alpha at https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t2255-released-alpha-wolf3d-deathmatch and https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t2257-wolf-3d-deathmatch-alpha .

Go to http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/ports/index.php?platform=9 , click on Chacal 3D, and it will go to French web site with a split screen for the top and bottom halves with Wolf3D or Doom. That web page used to work for me, but now it says something about my security settings not allowing it.

Go to look at Skulltag Wolfenstein 3D at http://www.wolfensteingoodies.com/doommodsandclones/w3dindoom2/w3dindoom2.htm#Doom2 . It also has a video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=masxtcbLLXE . It’s for Doom 2. Does anybody want to play this WolfenDoom game with me sometime after 2 pm (New York time) on Friday or sometime on Sunday?
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:21 pm

stathmk wrote:This is my 700th post!
    Congratulations Smile Smile Smile

Well, I'm aware about the project...didn't check it yet. Donnow how well it works....but anyway coop mode fits Wolf3D engine much better.

Go to look at Skulltag Wolfenstein 3D at http://www.wolfensteingoodies.com/doommodsandclones/w3dindoom2/w3dindoom2.htm#Doom2 .
    Yes...browsed that site extensively just yesterday.
    Looks very impressive....but IMHO any Wolf3D recreation on Doom engine (especially with realistic hi-res graphics etc) is for Doom fans who want to play Wolf3D.....not for Wolf3D fans who wants to play Wolf3D Smile It's just...doesn't feel the same.
    Still - very impressive.
    Mortimer
    Lucky
    Lucky

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-05-06

Post by Mortimer Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:57 am

This is most impressive. i never though we'd have coop play in wolf at all Surprised
    of course this project is still in development, but it feels a lil weird for hitler (not the mecha, gz on the new frames) to walk like that.
    lots of bosses would have to get some new frames cyclops
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:36 am

Mortimer wrote:This is most impressive. i never though we'd have coop play in wolf at all Surprised
    Oh, thanks Smile But it does work and is fully playable already, as you can see Smile
    You can already play all the Wolf3D in coop.

of course this project is still in development,
    Yep, intensive development. Expect quite some surprises to boost replay value, coop gameplay and easy modding support Smile We seem to come up with great ideas I hope to be preciated Smile
    Still, alot of work is ahead. To get this playable is just the first step Smile
    Coding-wise and artwise we have plenty of tasks yet to do.

but it feels a lil weird for hitler (not the mecha, gz on the new frames) to walk like that.

Well, he walks like any enemy with just front frames... Smile You'd walk the same if you'd have only front frames, lol
    Laughing
    You probably won't believe it - but making 8-dir Boss from scratch is ...a bit hard. Unbelievable, but it is Smile Smile Smile
    Actually I seem to be probably the first one to dare making such...one of the harder artjobs I might add Smile

lots of bosses would have to get some new frames

Well, it must be a community effort with best spriters onboard. This is too big on just one spriter.
    Hoped that youtube video will make some spriters to offer such "Community 8-dir Wolf3D Bosses" project.

Also I wonder if mappers will agree to make special mappacks for SplitWolf targeted specifically on coop gameplay, to make hard, challengable maps that will require real cooperations of the players.
    "Wolf3D - coop revisited". Can be altered versions of classic Wolf3D maps - or new maps.
    Another "community project" proposal - a mapping one Smile
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Doomjedi, seeing as making 8-dir boss sprites is pretty damn hard, it should be attempted as a team project with the best of the best graphics makers. If WLHack, Majik Monkee, WSJ, AReyeP, AND Tragos2d were around, it would be a very good group of experienced Wolf3d graphics makers enough to attempt such a feat.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:59 pm

WolferCooker wrote:Doomjedi, seeing as making 8-dir boss sprites is pretty damn hard, it should be attempted as a team project with the best of the best graphics makers. If WLHack, Majik Monkee, WSJ, AReyeP, AND Tragos2d were around, it would be a very good group of experienced Wolf3d graphics makers enough to attempt such a feat.
    Yep. Miss WLHack Smile

Or if TheJosh would come back - he could do it by himself Smile

Mecha had a robotic look/movement, and it was a bit easier to imagine/make 8-גdir.
    So I started with him.
    Human Bosses are harder to make.

I already have back frames for the Bosses...so only 6 directions are left Smile 3 if you mirror them Smile
    aarach
    aarach
    Lucky
    Lucky

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Post by aarach Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:46 pm

This looks good doomjedi. Btw are you the same doomjedi from skulltag?
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:15 pm

aarach wrote:This looks good doomjedi.
    Oh, thank you Smile Smile Smile

Btw are you the same doomjedi from skulltag?
    Yep Smile
    It's flattering you recognize me Embarassed
    That's also the adventage of choosing the same nick on every forum.

AFAIK - I'm the only person ever to use that nick on any forum (Doom, Wolf3D, Keen modding forums etc....)
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:52 am

A few more testing...and we might release a beta ...very soon.

Stay tuned Smile
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:00 am

Beta is postponed for a while to fix/improve some issues.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:11 pm

Sounds like you got a few noticeable bugs to kink out.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:48 pm

Well, there were a few bugs discovered, yes...I'm aware of 2 Smile

But also LinuxWolf (who decided to postpone the release) wants to tweak the AI a bit...overall the idea is to make easy skill levels easier, and harder skill levels - harder.
    As LinuxWolf won't be able to update the source for at least a week now...this kinda postpones things. That's why we originally wanted to release beta today.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:19 pm

That's good to hear, but based on the video, under this new engine it looks it is a must to have all enemies 8-dir plus making and adding additional attack frames from all sides other than just the front.

This could all pose some serious downgrades in coding for mods under this engine. You can't add as much of what you want.

It looks like I may have to make more attack frames for the 8-dir Flamethrower SS I finished recently if anyone wants to add it under the SplitWolf engine.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:20 am

WolferCooker wrote:based on the video, under this new engine it looks it is a must to have all enemies 8-dir plus making and adding additional attack frames from all sides other than just the front.
    ...as any multiplayer would naturally require.
    If you want to make a TC with SplitWolf support....yes. At least if you want to make it look good. If you carefully looked at the video...especially right before the replay - you'd notice there are actually even more "requirements", though those are far less critical Smile
    After beta is released - you'll see how relatively non-complicated is adding 8-dir art for new enemies (or modify existing ones) in SplitWolf.

Even without modding - as SplitWolf requires no changes to original Wolf3D files, including artfiles and mapping files - you'll have plenty of mappacks to play SplitWolf on - any classic Wolf3D/Spear mappack with do Smile
    Using original Wolf3D maps generator - you can make even more maps Smile

This could all pose some serious downgrades in coding for mods under this engine. You can't add as much of what you want.
    Quite much of the 8-dir art I've released (for general use) at the Dome in the past as part of my released artpacks - sure I've now MUCH improved those for SplitWolf, including fixing shading consistency, and not only.
    I've made such frames for enemies for my other mod too BTW and might share them for SplitWolf modding after that other project is released. Those cover a few more of the base enemies used in Wolf3D mods....combined with already released artpacks (covering WSJ enemies and such) - I think we can do nice Wolf3D mods Smile
    Note that enemies under Doom and Build Engines had those from the start, and can be used for SplitWolf mods.

But sure we can make a community project/effort to make all the frequently used Wolf3d enemies fully 8-dir.

I hope now one understands how much spritework I actually had to do for this project Smile
    I've made tons of unique art for this project, only part of those will be "revealed" in the beta, and much of it is for now scrapped even from the planned nonbeta release, at least the initial one...and may be released as part of future SplitWolf versions or as a separate artpack to help making mods for SplitWolf easier artwise Smile

It looks like I may have to make more attack frames for the 8-dir Flamethrower SS I finished recently if anyone wants to add it under the SplitWolf engine.
    Well...yep Smile Pain frames including.
    As you saw from my flameguard version - it had those (shooting ones) from the start Smile
    Regarding the pain frames - sure SplitWolf has an "advanced" pain frames - but for other mods - simply adding a few blood-pixels to the shooting or "alert" frame of the enemy can easily do the trick. So pain frames are less of a problem.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:00 am

Update:

We are still working on the beta.
    Some "full version" features were removed from the beta to allow further debugging of those.
    Also despite general support for 4 players - expect "bugfree" support for 2 players only....not that I think you can have more than 2 players on a single computer effectively anyway.

Expect relatively long delay between the (fully playable) beta - and the full release. We'll take time to gather beta feedbacks and advance parallel projects.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Plan to send SplitWolf beta to Brian later today.

If you don't have Wolf3D-loving friends - this is a moment to go find some Smile

Note it's a beta, so feedback will be much appeciated.
    Also you are free to try it with different classic Wolf3D mappacks to see how it works - should work fine...maybe it'll work even with some classic Wolf3D mods - you are free to explore exactly the scale of it's compatibility Smile

If someone will want to make special challenging coop maps for SplitWolf - you can post them here...and if there are good - they might go together with final SplitWolf release Smile

Be sure to read the README.

...Some features and quite some art were removed from the beta for further debugging.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:17 am

SplitWolf beta was sent to Brian.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:43 pm

Sent Brian wrong old non-working exe - which is one of the most embarassing things I could do - just didn't test the files LinuxWolf sent me prior to sending them to Brian.

Hope he didn't get a headake from attempts to make the files run.
    I'm glad he didn't post the link yet.

Already fixed the link to Brian.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:25 pm

As was noted, despite the claim in the readme file - shareware support was broken and so beta seem to support registered version only.

Don't worry, we'll re-add shareware support in later releases Smile
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:49 pm

How about .WL3 support? Razz
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:54 pm

New beta update - now with support of Wolf3D full, Wolf3d Shareware and Spear of Destiny Smile

Batch file now automatically recognizes the files and runs the correct exe.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3751922/SplitWolf-Beta-25042012.zip
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:44 am

To make some things clear:

There are 3 variants of Wolf3D full version supported by the source code (version.h):

Code:
    Wolf3d Full v1.1 Apogee (with ReadThis)  - define CARMACIZED and APOGEE_1_1
    Wolf3d Full v1.4 Apogee (with ReadThis)  - define CARMACIZED
    Wolf3d Full v1.4 GT/ID/Activision        - define CARMACIZED and GOODTIMES

The Split Wolf beta only works with "Wolf3D Full v1.4 GT/ID/Activision" (or Wolf3D shareware v1.4 or spear of destiny full version).
    We hope to address this issue in the final release of Split Wolf.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:32 am

So far we've got a long list of stuff and bugs improve to the final release.
    That's what beta is for - so it's ok Smile
    I want to thank all the beta testers Smile Keep them coming Smile

Also noticed player missed two frames (duplications of existing ones, but still) - so if someone is too bothered by that I can upload a fixed zip.
    dosfan1990
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2012-05-02

Post by dosfan1990 Wed May 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Is it possible to load a game after selecting the number of players? ? Whenever I select 2 players and try to load a save, the game closes.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Thu May 03, 2012 9:01 am

Can you be more specific?

I've tested this and others too - save/load works well in 2-player mode, if the original save was made in 2-player mode as well. So you can load/save in SplitWolf.
    Only when number of players (between the mode selected - and the save file) don't match you get a crush - which we plan to fix for the final release.
    dosfan1990
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2012-05-02

Post by dosfan1990 Thu May 03, 2012 9:08 am

doomjedi wrote:Can you be more specific?
    Only when number of players (between the mode selected - and the save file) don't match you get a crush - which we plan to fix for the final release.

Yeah that's the problem I had, I'll wait for the final release. This is a great Mod by the way.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Thu May 03, 2012 11:37 pm

Thank you Smile

It does adds quite some freshness and replay value to the usual Wolf3D levels Smile
    Did anyone try it with some classic mappack yet?
    -Cobra-
    -Cobra-
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2012-07-04

Post by -Cobra- Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:19 am

Would it be ok to ask about this projects current progress?
    Any chance of an updated beta?
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:29 am

Hi, thank you for your interest, and I'm glad you like the project Smile

Currently our coder is V-E-R-Y busy working on two other big mods....so I don't see him getting free time to work on the final release for at least a few months.
    SplitWolf has a beta released (and playable), so it naturally takes the pressure off us a bit and makes it less "urgent".
    We've collected alot of feedbacks so far, and we have a clear list of things to add/improve/fix which we manage and update. We just need the time. The project is still active for all purposes - and not abandoned at all.

I can't speak for LinuxWolf (our coder) - but I assume after the two mods will be mapping-ready, he'll have the time to go back to SplitWolf.

BTW note that the MP40 shooting frame "bug"/absense can be easily manually "fixed" on "user" comp by duplicating a nearby frame with the right name given.

Last edited by doomjedi on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    -Cobra-
    -Cobra-
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2012-07-04

Post by -Cobra- Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:47 am

Thanks for the fast reply. I look forward to a new release in the near future. =D
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:53 am

You're welcome Smile

Meantime you can enjoy our just recently released "Batman vs. Bane" mod Smile
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:12 am

Good news - we have a new active coder - AlumiuN, a very capable and experienced coder making sort of a "comeback" into Wolf3D modding after a long break.
    LinuxWolf is still involved and will overlook the project.
    As mentioned - LinuxWolf didn't abandon the project - it's just that he is currently/meantime very busy coding for 2-3 other "Team RayCast" mods.

Beyond fixing the bugs and feedbacks of the beta - AlumiuN has a big plans for it....you can start guessing Smile

So expect updates Smile
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Post by Per-Scan Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:01 pm

This is a really interesting project. It's a pity that I don't know of anyone who'd play it with me. Do you think it could maybe have Kaillera support sometime down the line?
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:27 pm

Per-Scan wrote:This is a really interesting project.
    Thank you Smile I think so too Smile

It's a pity that I don't know of anyone who'd play it with me.
    Yeah, known Wolfer's challenge... Very Happy
    What can I say?
    Maybe Wolfers from the forums should arrange some Wolf3D-festival or real-life meetings of Wolf3D gameplay Smile

Do you think it could maybe have Kaillera support sometime down the line?
    Never heard of that one....interesting project. Revolutionary in some ways.
    But don't think this will be a priority for any near future. We have still alot of work ahead of us.
    Currently the SplitScreen part will get the attention, and only after it's done one can think of extending it to non-local comps.
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Post by Per-Scan Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Yeah, the Kaillera thing is pretty popular with a lot of emulators for friendless geeks who want to play multiplayer! Razz

The idea of a Wolfenstein meetup isn't a bad one at all now that I think about it. There seems to be quite a few fans from Europe that might be up for something like that. The US also has plenty of fans but they can organise their own! Smile

Would you be willing to travel to Europe for something like that, maybe next summer or something?

Maybe I'll make a poll to see if anyone would genuinely be interested in a meetup. Smile
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Hard to plan next summer Smile But who knows Smile
    I'd prefer USA Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:15 am