Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

5 posters

Do you fear 666?

Poll

Do you fear 666?

[ 8 ]
    Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Bar_left50%Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Bar_left25%Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Bar_left6%Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Bar_left6%Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Bar_left13%Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Bar_left0%Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Bar_left0%Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 16
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Empty Do you fear 666?

Post by stathmk Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

My 666th post is about Revelation and why there's nothing to fear about 666!

This is my 666th post here. I’ve never had more than 300 posts on any other message board. I really like The Wolf3D Haven!

This is information that I've collected over the years. First, I’ll mention 666 in modern times:

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia?

666 is a triangular number: 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13+14+15+16+17+18+19+20+21+22+23+24+25+26+27+28+29+30+31+32+33+34+35+36=666.

Some Native Americans are still complaining about their land being stolen, especially the burial grounds. I don’t blame them. About 20 years ago on TV, a Native American said that Route 66 should have been called Route 666 because it allowed whites to travel and take over more of their land.

Just very recently, a man has been fired for not wearing a shirt to work with "666 Days without an Accident." I bet that he wouldn’t be afraid to wear 665 or 667.

In November, Jodie Foster’s Father drove around without a muffler and happened to be fined $666.

There were about 700 students at my high school and somebody happened to have locker number 666. I think that it would be cool for Halloween, Friday The 13th, or April Fools’ Day.

The controversial authors of the fire and brimstone Left Behind series released a book on June 6th, 2006 because it was 6-6-6. These authors really need their heads examined by shrinks.

Some foreigners or naïve people said that American President Ronald Reagan was the Anti-Christ. His first, middle, and last names each have 6 letters making 6-6-6. Libyans might not like him because he bombed Libya and I had heard that a child of Moammar Qaddafi died from it. I saw in a National Geographic from about 1982 that Cambodians were protesting that Ronald Reagan was working on the neutron bomb. American politics get emotional and sometimes a person isn’t stable when they call somebody like Reagan, Bush, or Obama the anti-Christ.

I once had a P.O. Box of 660. There were some Wiccans or Neopagans that had a P.O. Box someplace else of 666 probably just to get a reaction.

If you don’t register a certain Winzip version, then you have to wait longer for it to load. I downloaded it on a particular day and then on Halloween 2009 it said, "You have gone 666 days without registering."

I’ve heard that there was a Doom 3 or Return to Castle Wolfenstein mod file that was 666 megabytes or had 666 downloads.

A message board for a Christian podcast in about 2007 had 666 downloads or listeners.

When Mel Gibson’s "The Passion of The Christ" was in theaters a man became upset that he was sold the 666th ticket with 666 on it. He demanded a hall pass in place of the ticket.

I don’t know of anybody on The Wolf3D Haven that grew up in China. I’m an American and I learned in Sociology that 6 and 666 are considered lucky numbers in China.

On a message board that I saw over 2 years ago, it said that Britney Spears was admitted to a mental institution were she said that she’s the Devil, anti-Christ, and/or 666. Whatever! I don’t care about what Britney Spears does anymore as long as nobody is hurt.

Hundreds of years ago, 888 was considered the number of Jesus for some reason.

I don’t like American televangelist Pat Robertson. He doesn’t show respect. He may have pre-Alzheimer’s or a mental problem. He said that credit cards are 666 or The Mark of The Beast. He said that credit card numbers have 6 in the beginning, middle, and end, and that nobody may buy or sell without the Mark of The Beast. That makes no sense. 666 or 616 was in Biblical times, not modern times.

I never saw all of Bill Maher’s Religulous . I’ve read a newspaper article about a really crazy man in Florida and/or Puerto Rico with 666 tattooed on himself and that he says that he’s equal to Christ or above Christ. Then I had later heard that he’s filmed in Religulous. On a personal note, I don’t like how Bill Maher is a political liberal, how he mouths off, or how he believes in pseudoscience like vaccines causing Autism.

Most of the rest of this post is about 666 in Revelation instead of only where 666 happens to appear in modern times.

Gematria is the way that characters are assigned numerical values. I believe that Hebrew and Greek both have 24 letters:
    Alphabetical Letter #1 of Hebrew = a value of 1
    Letter #2 = 2
    Letter #3 = 3
    Letter #4 = 4
    Letter #5 = 5
    Letter #6 = 6
    Letter #7 = 7
    Letter #8 = 8
    Letter #9 = 9
    Letter #10 = 10
    Letter #11 = 20
    Letter #12 = 30
    Letter #13 = 40
    Letter #14 = 50
    Letter #15 = 60
    Letter #16 = 70
    Letter #17 = 80
    Letter #18 = 90
    Letter #19 = 100
    Letter #20 = 200
    Letter #21 = 300
    Letter #22 = 400
    Letter #23 = 500
    Letter #24 = 600

Add up the Gematria numbers in German, Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic for "Neron Kaiser," "Nero Caesar," or his slogan and you get 616. Somebody who I think was overeducated said that Nero’s number was mistranslated from 616 into 666 in The Book of Revelation. Then they looked in The Dead Sea Scrolls and the number was 616. Nero persecuted Jews by burning them at the stake and Revelation was written after the events that it pretended to predict. Domitian or Diocletian persecuted Jews or Christians and his name or slogan had numerals that added up to 666. Nero and other Caesars could have gone crazy partly because of the lead in their plumbing or the lead salts used to preserve alcohol. I’ve heard that in a different language that Nebuchadnezzar or Nebopollasser persecuted Jews and that the numbers in his name or slogan added up to 666.

On a message board about 666, somebody posted that in the 3rd or 4th centuries that a madman in Roman-occupied Israel or Palestine went crazy, said that he’s 666, had a personality cult, and ordered people to pray to him or they would be killed. Except for the 666 part, it sounds like he could have gotten the idea from The Caesars, Pharaohs, or Babylonian kings who said that they were sons of gods.

There’s a very crazy and controversial illustrator in California who has a previous history of saying things that are incendiary, make no sense, and he may have voices in his head. He said that 666 represents Catholicism. Look at "As The Papacy" at Number of the Beast . I think it’s a coincidence that only one Catholic sentence was found that adds up to 666 and it’s only 3 words out of 13 in the sentence.

I can’t remember if it was American President John Adams Sr. who said that he hadn’t read The Book of Revelation in 40 years because "Revelation was written by a madman." In Revelation, it says that nobody may buy or sell without The Mark of The Beast on their right hand or forehead. Most people are right-handed, so they would have the Nero Caesar, Domitian, or Diocletian coin in their right hand. The part about the forehead reminds me of The President saying that "Revelation was written by a madman."

There’s a recent theory that’s almost a conspiracy theory that a man named Arrius Calpurnius Piso, or his father, or his son was the author that put 666 in The Revelation in the First Century. For a short time I believed it. Take a religion or philosophy course and ask about the Arrius Piso theory. It falls apart very fast and your professor might even be offended. To make a long story short, one reason that it’s wrong is because in the original Hebrew or Greek it was 616, not 666.

In The English Revelation, 144,000 men have their fate sealed or only 144,000 men go to Heaven. I’ve heard that in the original Greek that it was "twelves of twelves of thousands."

Over 2 years ago, Jehovah’s Witnesses stopped by my Grandparents’ house and dropped off copies of The Watchtower and Awake. In one article, it’s about how a man became a Jehovah’s Witness and that he had heard that only 144,000 men that haven’t sinned are going to Heaven. I told my Grandparents, "Ever notice how sex is a sin in religion? If only 144,000 men who haven’t sinned are going to Heaven, then I’d rather be in Hell with women, my family, relatives, friends, neighbors, famous people, and heroes, than be in Heaven with 144,000 undesirable male virgins!"

Hmm. There was a religious sect in Indiana that thought that sex is a sin. Guess what? They couldn’t repopulate for their group or attract the interest of new followers. All the members in Indiana died out over a long time.

I think that most of 616 or 666 on the internet is a coincidence. For instance, if the number was instead 777 in Revelation then over the course of 2,000 years there would be coincidences of people, places, or slogans with 777.

I’ve heard that in the original Greek that "anti-christ" means "replacement Christ."

To make a long story short, you’ve got nothing to worry about with 666 or 616. There are different camps of Preterism, the belief that The Bible passages were written after the events that it pretended to predict. For instance, it pretended to predict Nero Caesar and 616 or 666.

Speaking of religion, in next December I might type about how The Mayans don’t say that the World ends in 2012.

Here’s a scan of 666 tape!?:
    Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Doublesidedtape

Ryu-sama likes this post

stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Empty Alcatraz inmate #666

Post by stathmk Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:36 pm

I just watched parts of a National Geographic Channel documentary from 2014 about the Alcatraz escapes.  They talked about specific men who escaped Alcatraz prison even if some of them died trying or turned themselves back in.  They talked to a former Alcatraz prisoner and I think his name was Willie Radkay.  He looks like he’s about 90.  He just happened to be inmate # 666.  He didn’t escape himself, but when they were filming the documentary, he happened to know one of the men before escaping.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Empty Flight 666 to HEL takes off on Friday the 13th...

Post by stathmk Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 pm

“Flight 666 to HEL takes off on Friday the 13th -- are you boarding?:”
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/10/13/flight-666-to-hel-takes-off-on-friday-the-13th-are-you-boarding/23242376/
    HEL is the abbreviation for Helsinki, Finland.

My Facebook friend who was a schoolmate posted that she went to buy taco salads and the total came to $6.66.  In the same post she typed, “Not today, Satan.”

I was once listening to a podcast with a woman complaining about superstitious people in her area of the Midwest.  She said something to the effect of, “When people in this area end up buying cigarettes for $6.66, then they put something more on the conveyor to the cashier because the customers think that the number 666 is actually more harmful than the cigarettes.”
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Empty Triangle with area of 666,666

Post by stathmk Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:57 pm

If 666 appears a lot to people, then it’s no more psychologically to the point than 665 or 667 appearing a lot to people.

Joshua told me about this 666 web site: http://www.cadaeic.net/666.htm  He also typed that a triangle with the lengths of (693, 1924, and 2045) is a Pythagorean triangle with an area of 666,666.  That triangle’s area of 666,666 is correct because it’s 0.5*base*height.  It’s also Pythagorean because (693^2+1924^2) is 4,182,025, which is 2045^2.  It’s (A^2+B^2)=C^2.

My Mom taught Geometry and Algebra II.  I have a joke:  "You’re a Geometry teacher?  Prove it!"
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Empty 2 Videos

Post by stathmk Sun May 06, 2018 7:33 pm

This is the brief video that I mentioned earlier about Morgan Freeman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy2CDXtWjoU .  It’s where Neron Kaiser or Nero Caesar is 616 or 666 whether it’s Greek, Latin, or Hebrew.  Gematria is where each letter is given a value.

I think that there are 2 problems in my high school’s History textbook.  The first one was that Constantine legalized Christianity, while I’d say that it’s more accurate that he legalized Judaism and Catholicism.  I would say that the second is that Nero (616 or 666) blamed Christians for the fire, while he actually blamed Jews.  I don’t have time to explain reasons why Nero wouldn’t have noticed the Jesus fable since Christianity would not have caught on until after about 73 AD.  I thought that PBS’ Secrets of The Dead episode of The Great Fire of Rome DVD was sold out on PBS’ web site and on Ebay.  In this episode, it’s about the fire of 64 AD.  The Jews started the fire on the 400th year that the star Sirius rises.  That would be July 19, 64 AD.  The video is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlA3YJxU7ho  Revelation was written into The Bible in about the year 95 after the events that it pretended to predict for 64 AD.  I don’t exactly blame the Jews because I would attack Nero also.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Empty 3 things

Post by stathmk Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:13 pm

3 things:
    -The Secrets of The Dead Episode about The Rome Fire of 64 AD is now re-uploaded by somebody else at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSaThbvJEik .
    -I saw a web article last summer about a father with a demeanor of voices in his head or that he was on drugs.  He ranted, and then beat or murdered his little son because of something about 666.
    -I keep a spreadsheet of the movies I've watched.  I'm now at over 666 movies.  I might reach 750 or 800.

Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you fear 666?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:05 am

Have you seen Nike's new Satan Shoes endorsed by Lil Nas X? Apparently 666 pairs were made and they all sold out in under a minute. I heard that each shoe contains the blood of one it's 6 creators, and when you walk around their blood swooshes around under the Nike sign.   cheers 

Code:

They were priced at $1,018 a pair, a reference to the Bible passage Luke 10:18 that reads: "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven." Each shoe's air bubble sole contains 60 cubic centimeters (2.03 fluid ounces) of red ink and "one drop" of human blood, according to MSCHF.

Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 1_5367286

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/entertainment/2021/3/29/1_5367281.html
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Empty Hi, Princess Peach.

Post by stathmk Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:27 pm

Hi, Princess Peach.

Today, I was watching news videos about Science and I think it was from MSN Business.  An advertisement video that was about 2 minutes for Doom Eternal played first.  It said that Doom Eternal is now 66.6% off!
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Empty Chuck Lorre's 666th vanity card

Post by stathmk Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:05 pm

I watched Young Sheldon last week when I saw Chuck Lorre’s vanity card # 666: http://chucklorre.com/?e=1307
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Empty Doom Eternal 6.66 patch with extras

Post by stathmk Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:10 pm

Somebody posted on The "id Software Universe(TM)" Facebook group that there's a Doom Eternal 6.66 patch with extras.  I clicked on the link within Facebook 2 days later, the video recorded live wasn't there anymore, and there was a Fallout 76 video.  I'll patch Doom Eternal later.

The cropped screenshot is here at http://wolfensteingoodies.com/forumimages/DoomEternalStream.png .
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Empty Hellraiser666?

Post by stathmk Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:47 pm

Hellraiser666 has recently joined the forum.  Welcome to the forum!?
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Empty Studio 666 & That 70s Show

Post by stathmk Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:28 pm

I watched an episode of The Kelly Clarkson Show last week.  Comedian Whitney Cummings was on The Kelly Clarkson Show and she promoted the movie of “Studio 666:” https://www.imdb.com/find?q=Studio+666&ref_=nv_sr_sm

I had forgotten something else about 666.  I was watching “That 70s Show” and they were playing cards in Red Foreman’s house with a preacher or minister.  Somebody laid down a queen, king, and a Jack or queen, king, and an ace on the table.  Then the preacher or minister happily said, “Oh, you have a Mary, a Joseph, and a Jesus.”  There already was something about Laurie Foreman that annoyed her brother.  Then Laurie puts down 3 cards on the table and the preacher or minister says somewhat with a look of concern or confusion, “Six…six…six.”

Sponsored content

Wolfenstein - Do you fear 666? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you fear 666?

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 am