Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

End of Destiny SDL Beta Version Released

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

End of Destiny SDL Beta Version Released Empty End of Destiny SDL Beta Version Released

Post by Schabbs Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:02 am

End of Destiny SDL Beta Version Released

KyleRTCW has released a beta SDL version of AReyeP/MCS Amsterdam's 'End of Destiny'. There's a text file included which gives a lot of info on the conversion. Available here. Vista/Windows 7-compatible.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

End of Destiny SDL Beta Version Released Empty Re: End of Destiny SDL Beta Version Released

Post by WolferCooker Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:08 am

There's already a bug in it and I didn't even progress through the first level. Whenever you leave the game while it's still running (i.e. email checking, etc.), the stat bar completely screws up.

This is the result:

End of Destiny SDL Beta Version Released Screen11

EDIT: On another note, the enemy spawn tiles (step on a certain tile and enemies will spawn out of thin air) seem to activate more than once in the same spot. A bug/glitch or was it manipulated to make the game even more challenging?

Andy
    Andy
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2007-12-22

End of Destiny SDL Beta Version Released Empty Re: End of Destiny SDL Beta Version Released

Post by Andy Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:01 pm

WolferCooker wrote:There's already a bug in it and I didn't even progress through the first level. Whenever you leave the game while it's still running (i.e. email checking, etc.), the stat bar completely screws up.

This is the result:

End of Destiny SDL Beta Version Released Screen11

This is a known problem that was fixed in Wolf4SDL revision 259 (19 June 2011). This post-v1.7 fix is available via SVN.

http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=4830&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=380#75698
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently

Post by WolferCooker Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Andy, I believe you should forward that to KyleRTCW.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Sorry again for the double post, but I've encountered yet another problem with the game.

The secret elevator in level 10 (the level with the 3 cybertroopers) does NOT go to Challenge 2 level like in the DOS version. It goes straight to level 11 just like the other elevator. In fact, there's no way to get to the Challenge 2 level unless you play the game in cheat mode and warp to that level.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am