Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

5 posters

Havoc's Wolf3D (HWE) Editor Version 0.3.1 Released

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Havoc's Wolf3D (HWE) Editor Version 0.3.1 Released Empty Havoc's Wolf3D (HWE) Editor Version 0.3.1 Released

Post by Schabbs Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:09 am

Havoc's Wolf3D (HWE) Editor Version 0.3.1 Released

Havoc has released version 0.3.1 of HWE, a Wolf3D editor. The highlights of the latest version are a map grid, zoom functionality for the map editing area, and the ability to flip or rotate a copied map part. Havoc has also programmed a software update checker, and a number of bugs from the previous version have been fixed. You can find it here.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Havoc's Wolf3D (HWE) Editor Version 0.3.1 Released Empty Re: Havoc's Wolf3D (HWE) Editor Version 0.3.1 Released

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:49 am

Well, looks like there are already features here not available in Chaos Edit or WDC.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Havoc's Wolf3D (HWE) Editor Version 0.3.1 Released Empty Re: Havoc's Wolf3D (HWE) Editor Version 0.3.1 Released

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Is it possible for Havoc to install a 3D Edit feature like in Chaosedit and be able to change level music?
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by Dean Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:02 pm

WolferCooker wrote:Is it possible for Havoc to install a 3D Edit feature like in Chaosedit and be able to change level music?
    I spoke to him about that and although thats not his top priority he has mentioned he'll look at putting it in at a later stage. It's the first thing I asked him for as well, I do so much of my mapping in the 3d mode.

From looking at the editor you can see he is going for more of a MapEdit type of editor with advanced functionality.

As for the level music, I'm just not sure about that part of it.

It is a great editor though, I played around with it a bit today. If he can get the 3d editing functionality added I'd probably switch from CE, especially with the zoom and rotate features.

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently

Post by WolferCooker Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:49 pm

I never used MapEdit, but I have seen its features. What I believe should be done is to expand one of the current map editing programs into an all-in-one package instead of using multiple programs to do certain things.

I don't recall HWE having a sprite-edit feature like CE does or a Helpart/Endart-edit like in WDC.
    Havoc
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Male
    Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Post by Havoc Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:43 am

Dean wrote:From looking at the editor you can see he is going for more of a MapEdit type of editor with advanced functionality.
    I'm happy to see that I've achieved my first goal when people say that HWE is a "MapEdit type of editor" Smile

Dean wrote:As for the level music, I'm just not sure about that part of it.
    You'll be able to import and export music, but I probably won't make an editor to create or edit IMF files, if that's what you asked for, WolferCooker.

WolferCooker wrote:I never used MapEdit, but I have seen its features. What I believe should be done is to expand one of the current map editing programs into an all-in-one package instead of using multiple programs to do certain things.

I don't recall HWE having a sprite-edit feature like CE does or a Helpart/Endart-edit like in WDC.
    HWE is going to be an all-in-one editor in the future, but the aim of the current releases was to optimize the map editing part of the editor. The next version of HWE will feature a first version of the graphics editing part as well as a 3D map viewer (There probably won't be any editing ability yet, though).
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:49 am

If that's so Havoc, I'm patient. Take your time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:20 pm