Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes)

Poll

Which of these mods are in your top 20 ever for Wolf3D/SoD (multiple choices allowed)?

[ 9 ]
    My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_left9%My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 10 ]
    My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_left11%My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 5 ]
    My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_left5%My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 8 ]
    My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_left8%My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 6 ]
    My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_left6%My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 5 ]
    My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_left5%My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 8 ]
    My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_left8%My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 1 ]
    My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_left1%My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_right [1%] 
    [ 8 ]
    [ 4 ]
    My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_left4%My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 4 ]
    My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_left4%My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 3 ]
    My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_left3%My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 5 ]
    [ 5 ]
    [ 3 ]
    My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_left3%My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 3 ]
    [ 1 ]
    My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_left1%My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_right [1%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 2 ]
    My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_left2%My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 4 ]

Total Votes: 95
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Empty My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes)

Post by WolfForever Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:15 pm

The list above contains what I'd generally consider to be my top 20 Wolfenstein mods (these only reflect games with code changes, not vanilla sets, I might post a companion poll for vanilla sets though). I'm just interested in how many people share similar top 20's, so please just put your vote to any of the 20 items above that you'd consider top 15 mod material. And of course, feel free to comment Smile - and if you have a clear favorite or near-favorite not in this list, feel free to mention it. Smile

(I voted once on each simply to be able to see the results without clicking the "View Results" button.)

Last edited by WolfForever on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
    WolfForever

My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Empty Re: My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes)

Post by WolfForever Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:42 pm

Just to note, I have not totally played all the mods listed, but I have given them all at least a good look before deciding.

Also I noticed I left some important and classic (mainly old) sets out and this would make a top 20 poll be more appropriate IMO but unfortunately I can't edit the poll anymore. Sad So for now I'll just note the other five down to complete a proper top 20 of mine:

Schabbs 2000
    Armageddon and TRTN (I consider these direct followers, therefore one entry)
    Revival of Memories
    Beyond Mutantstein Special Edition
    Rising Evil and sequel (Double Trouble)

If a mod would like to edit the poll to a top 20 and put these five in, they can feel free to do so - in fact it would be very welcome. Smile Sorry for this overlook in the first place.
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes) Empty Re: My top 20 vs. yours (mods with code changes)

Post by Schabbs Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:01 am

The other 5 mods have been added. Smile

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:01 am

My five picks were "Project Totengräber", "Schabbs 2000", "Chemical Warfare", "Operation Letzterschutz" and "Spear Resurrection". The first three are essentials for me, since they were the first I played, and those I recall the best. "Letzterschutz" came to me when I came back to Wolfing after a summer without, very strange, it felt like the modding had moved from one level to another (or perhaps it was just me growing up) - love that game, great mapping, funny sounds, awesome graphics. "Spear Resurrection" is so-and-so for me; I recall it way better than "End of Destiny", though I've only played it one or two times all the way through. And that was many years ago.
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:33 pm

Schabbs wrote:The other 5 mods have been added. Smile

Thanks. Smile

Just one minor other thing I can't edit myself, could you edit the poll question to say "top 20" instead of "top 15"?

Otherwise, much appreciated. Smile

BTW was one vote put in by me on the five additional items, similar to the first 15? I wasn't able to vote on them and it's no big deal but that would be the preference. That way I just subtract 1 from every number of votes I see and that lets me know how many people have voted each one. Smile
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:00 pm

I see the edit to the poll question has been made. Thanks Smile, all good now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Thomas wrote:My five picks were "Project Totengräber", "Schabbs 2000", "Chemical Warfare", "Operation Letzterschutz" and "Spear Resurrection". The first three are essentials for me, since they were the first I played, and those I recall the best. "Letzterschutz" came to me when I came back to Wolfing after a summer without, very strange, it felt like the modding had moved from one level to another (or perhaps it was just me growing up) - love that game, great mapping, funny sounds, awesome graphics. "Spear Resurrection" is so-and-so for me; I recall it way better than "End of Destiny", though I've only played it one or two times all the way through. And that was many years ago.

That's good, thanks for leaving the comment too! Smile

Just as a note, there's no maximum (other than 20) or minimum in the number of picks allowed. Whatever is a top 20 mod for you can be chosen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:22 am