Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Guns and Glory, by Little Cherub

Poll

How would you rate it?

[ 3 ]
    Guns and Glory, by Little Cherub Bar_left75%Guns and Glory, by Little Cherub Bar_right [75%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Guns and Glory, by Little Cherub Bar_left25%Guns and Glory, by Little Cherub Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Guns and Glory, by Little Cherub Bar_left0%Guns and Glory, by Little Cherub Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Guns and Glory, by Little Cherub Bar_left0%Guns and Glory, by Little Cherub Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 4
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Guns and Glory, by Little Cherub Empty Guns and Glory, by Little Cherub

Post by WolfForever Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:58 pm

A TC with one main episode and a bunch of random maps thereafter, E2 being challenge, E3 a side story, E4 themes from other mods, and E5 a "show features" map. I've been working through the first (main) episode, and it's quite cool, certainly well worked on. What are your thoughts on this one?

EDIT: d/l link in post below.

Also I've played further and it looks like from the 5th level (of the main episode) it lets you go to either 6 or 7. If you go to 6 then 6 leads straight to 8. I'm using an old savegame because I want to play 7 and wonder what it takes me to...

Last edited by WolfForever on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WolfForever

Guns and Glory, by Little Cherub Empty Re: Guns and Glory, by Little Cherub

Post by WolfForever Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Here's a d/l link for convenience: http://www.brlowe.co.uk/GunsandGlory.zip
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm almost through the playable levels. Hands down, I call this excellent for the main episode alone, regardless of what's in the other episodes. It blends just so many styles and with that it doesn't get rrepetitious or boring - and at the same time the styles blend in to each other through the story, and therefore they're not just unexplainable random changes at some random point. It was really an adventure to enjoy and behold, it just had the feel of "epicness" to it that even many other great mods can't truely reproduce, and it was only 10 (and technically 9, but I won't provide any direct spoiler as to why) levels long at that!

In fact I did find the "super challenge" maps in E2 to get old, E3 was clearly filler and I got bored of it, and E4 has been good but not as good as E1 - still worth playing, but these episode can't hold a candle to the main game IMO. The main episode is certainly the main role in the set here for me, no questions asked. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:16 am