Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

How to make a static object be able to be walked through...

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

static - How to make a static object be able to be walked through... Empty How to make a static object be able to be walked through...

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:15 pm

The sprites and whatnot that Wlhack did for me in his exe all those months ago is good. But some objects are wrong. By wrong, I mean, you cannot walk through the pots and pans static objects. It's weird, and it makes one of my levels unfinishable. So does anyone have an *easy* solution to this? Because if I change the exe I might have to re-add those static objects again. (In case you were wondering, it's Sod with Wolf3d objects)

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Andy
    Andy
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2007-12-22

static - How to make a static object be able to be walked through... Empty Re: How to make a static object be able to be walked through...

Post by Andy Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Changing the EXE is the easiest solution, and you won't have to change your maps.

The static sprites are listed in WL_ACT1.CPP

Determine which one (??) is your pots and pans, and remove that line's "block" type:

(SPR_STAT_??, block),

to

(SPR_STAT_??),

and re-compile.

If you can't change the EXE, you'll have to re-assign the sprites in the VSWAP and use a non-blocking one for the pots and pans.

Hope this helps,
    Andy
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

static - How to make a static object be able to be walked through... Empty Re: How to make a static object be able to be walked through...

Post by Dark_wizzie Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:37 am

Andy wrote:Changing the EXE is the easiest solution, and you won't have to change your maps.

The static sprites are listed in WL_ACT1.CPP

Determine which one (??) is your pots and pans, and remove that line's "block" type:

(SPR_STAT_??, block),

to

(SPR_STAT_??),

and re-compile.

If you can't change the EXE, you'll have to re-assign the sprites in the VSWAP and use a non-blocking one for the pots and pans.

Hope this helps,
    Andy
    Then I start with a normal Sod source, and then I do some coding. I can do the max static object coding stuff anyhow. Easy as cake. But I think adding the other sprites will be hard. I'd have to re-add them.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 pm

Place a guard marching into the object right next to it. Oldest trick in the book... These days it's obsolete. Not to mention tacky.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:51 am

Too bad I can't place a guard to march into pots and pans at every loction, since it'd look weird.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Andy
    Andy
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2007-12-22

Post by Andy Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:51 pm

@Wizzie: Just do it where you need it to finish the level.

@Thomas: nice thinking! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:01 am