Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Need help on adding more wall textures in ChaosEdit

TommyOliver
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2011-01-15

Need help on adding more wall textures in ChaosEdit Empty Need help on adding more wall textures in ChaosEdit

Post by TommyOliver Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Hey guys, totally new to Wolf3D modding. A friend and I just started working on a mod last night. We're using ChaosEdit and really liking it, except for the fact that we can't seem to add more than two additional wall textures. When we go to pick additional textures we've created in 3D edit they don't show up on the list.

I attempted to search for answers on this forum and found this thread from '08 ( https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t962-adding-more-walls-through-chaosedit?highlight=chaosedit ), but unfortunately I don' yet know enough to understand Nexion's response. COuld someone fill me in using simple n00b friendly language how to add more wall textures to the game?

Thanks
    TommyOliver
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2011-01-15

Need help on adding more wall textures in ChaosEdit Empty Re: Need help on adding more wall textures in ChaosEdit

Post by TommyOliver Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:33 pm

God...42 views and not a single response? Is this a more difficult issue than I think or something?
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Need help on adding more wall textures in ChaosEdit Empty Re: Need help on adding more wall textures in ChaosEdit

Post by jayngo26 Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:11 am

Once again, I am pulled out of hiding in my nice dark corner.

There's nothing wrong with ChaosEdit, you can add an almost unlimited amount of walls/textures to it. The same goes for sprites/objects. The problem lies within the Wolf3d code itself. You can only add a few more (I think like 7 or 8, maybe more I forget)before you have to change the code itself. Also, all new added walls/textures that are not doors, must be put before the door frame, otherwise things get screwy.

It's been a while since I messed with all this and my answer may be partially flawed. But, if you know how to code or want to get into it, it can be done...

Hope this helps with your madness....

EDIT:

Ok, I just read your link and it was a question I HAD. Hehehe. Wow. Seems like so long ago.

Here's what Nex said: "Add the wall textures (horizontal/vertical) right before the first door texture. Modify the lists.txt and that's it. I think the new wall set is number 52 or so. Adding walls works fine until you hit number 64. Then you need code changes or the game displays the wrong texture."

You need to look in the directory of ChaosEdit, click on mapobjects, then click on Wolfenstein 3D folder (I assume you are using wolf3d original files), then open up the lists.txt file and there you can add the name and number of your new wall/texture in. Remember, the new wall tiles need to be put in ChaosEdit BEFORE the first door pick, or things get messy.

http://jayngoware.com/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 am