Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

Wolf 3D High Resolution Texture Packs Page Updated

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

wolf - Wolf 3D High Resolution Texture Packs Page Updated Empty Wolf 3D High Resolution Texture Packs Page Updated

Post by Schabbs Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Wolf 3D High Resolution Texture Packs Page Updated

Jim W recently updated The Wolf 3D High Resolution Texture Packs page. It features not only Wolf 3D, but also Doom, Heretic and Hexen and has content on Texture, Model, Music Packs and User-Made Episodes. You can find it at Classic FPS.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

wolf - Wolf 3D High Resolution Texture Packs Page Updated Empty Jim has reposted

Post by stathmk Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:36 am

Jim has emailed me this morning that he posted the high-definition Wolfenstein 3D files at http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jimw/games/ .  He included in his message that FlowEdit and Packscape are very useful.  I thanked him.
    Just_Jim
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2015-04-04

wolf - Wolf 3D High Resolution Texture Packs Page Updated Empty Re: Wolf 3D High Resolution Texture Packs Page Updated

Post by Just_Jim Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:53 am

I have recently started to upload resources for Wolf3D to my Home Page:   http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jimw/  There are two links on the up upper left of the page - "Page Returned - 03/31/2015 - Wolfenstein 3D" and "DooM and Doomsday Engine Stuff".

After reading posts on DieHard Wolfers and here I think that the 3 GB under "DooM and Doomsday Engine Stuff" does not apply to this community, so I will delete it in a day or two.

I am going to track down what I have specifically for Wolf3D and post it to http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jimw/games/ I will hunt down textures and models the work for Wolf3D under the NewWolf engine and remakes of Wolf3D that work under the gzDoom engine using the FreeDoom WADs.

Does this sound like a reasonable plan?
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - Wolf 3D High Resolution Texture Packs Page Updated Empty 3 GB

Post by stathmk Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:13 pm

Just_Jim wrote:...the 3 GB under "DooM and Doomsday Engine Stuff" does not apply to this community, so I will delete it in a day or two. ...

...Does this sound like a reasonable plan?
    I have work obligations today and I will be going to Easter get-togethers tomorrow.  Please don't take them down until I say that I've downloaded them.  Sorry.

Just so that you know since you're new here, Schabbs from this thread is Brian Lowe.  Brian Lowe from London has Parkinson's in his hand, is tired, and I don't know if he even types anymore.  He and Tristan started wolfenstein3d.co.uk .  We wish him the best.
    Just_Jim
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

wolf - Wolf 3D High Resolution Texture Packs Page Updated Empty Re: Wolf 3D High Resolution Texture Packs Page Updated

Post by Just_Jim Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:33 pm

I hope the best to Brian Lowe! He has been one of my Heros since I started refurbishing old games.

I will leave the Doomsday data up indefinitely - I do not need the server space at this time. I think gzDoom is much easier to work with and a much more stable engine.

Now that I am hooked again on refurbishing games I will update  http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jimw/games/  with things related to W0lf3D, NewWolf (hopefully), and gzDoom since I like it better than Doomsday. Yes there will be some off topic content linked to that page, but I really like Heretic and Aliens-TC among others.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:48 pm

Just_Jim
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Post by Just_Jim Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Thanks

When you look at the associated ReadMe files you will find that the majority of the Art was done by other people who graciously gave me permission to repack them for other games. i am more of a collector, a little scripting to make models work and reading C/C++ code to see where files should go.

There are many Packs for Quake and Quake2 that have my feeble attempts at artwork in them. There also a handful in the Duke Nukem Hi-Res Pack.

Currently, I have an almost idea I need to run by Sgt. Shivers on another thread.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - Wolf 3D High Resolution Texture Packs Page Updated Empty How do I get these to work?

Post by stathmk Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:18 pm

Jim, if you are reading this, I noticed some things:
    -The gzHeretic.zip link is broken.
    -The GZ-Models.pk3 link is broken.
    -The old_school_textures.pk3 link is broken

-The following is an exerpt from http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jimw/games/ :
    = = = = = =
    the episodes
          the playable episodes in this release are indicated by "SW" in the bat files Wolf3D_TCs1.bat and Wolf3D_TCs2.bat
          to play the full version of "Wolfenstein 3D" you need the nine wl6 data files zipped into a file named "Wolf3D.zip" and placed in the \Wolf3D directory
          to play the full version of "Spear of Destiny" you need the nine sod data files zipped into a file named "Spear.zip" and placed in the \Wolf3D directory
    = = = = = =

There are more than 9 files each in The Steampowered.com Wolfenstein 3D & Spear of Destiny.  Which files do you mean?

-I must be doing something wrong since I can't load anything other than episode 1 in high resolution.  I've tried other level sets.

I'm trying to get everything to work so that Wolfenvault.com will post it later.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:57 pm