Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc

Poll

What's your thoughts on this total conversion overall?

[ 5 ]
    Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc Bar_left63%Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc Bar_right [63%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc Bar_left25%Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc Bar_left0%Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc Bar_left12%Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc Bar_left0%Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 8
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc Empty Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc

Post by WolfForever Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:38 pm

I just started playing this addon. Up to level 6 and it's pretty cool. Reminds me more of Blake or Doom than Wolf3D, but pretty much looks like it's a completely new game when all the texturing is turned on and such. What are your thoughts on this conversion?
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc Empty Re: Absence SDL Version 1.2 - By Havoc

Post by Per-Scan Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:41 am

Necro bump No.2 (the dead walk among us!!)

I put excellent. I love everything about this TC. It really is a game in it's own right and I would love to see the Absence universe expand and develop. I even tried writing a fan fic once but it was pants!

The soundtrack is brilliant, the graphics are great, the borrowed sprites fit really well and the overall atmosphere has a nice retro/spooky/cybery/almost John Carpenter feel that I've never found in any other game regardless of engine.

Sure, the obligatory secret by the chair is a design flaw and some of the levels are a little repetitive but other than that the game is pretty perfect. Imagine if this had been released at the time of SOD!?

Also, it has robots AND zombies. Robots AND zombies!! That's all I need in a game.

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:01 pm