Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+3
WolferCooker
Per-Scan
Dark_wizzie
7 posters

What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project?

Poll

What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project?

[ 5 ]
    What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project? Bar_left45%What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project? Bar_right [45%] 
    [ 4 ]
    What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project? Bar_left36%What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project? Bar_right [36%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project? Bar_left0%What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project? Bar_left18%What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project? Bar_right [18%] 

Total Votes: 11
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project? Empty What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project?

Post by Dark_wizzie Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:07 pm

For many, I think lack of time is a big factor.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project? Empty Re: What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project?

Post by Per-Scan Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:35 pm

Time is the biggest factor in everything I do. I have lots of part-time jobs and I'm self-employed. I also have family commitments and a multitude of other RL things. The annoying thing is I can go through periods of time with nothing to do but then suddenly I'm deluged and I can't move for things that 'must get taken care of...' Smile
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project? Empty Re: What keeps you from completing your Wolf3d project?

Post by WolferCooker Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:20 pm

I'll tell you what's holding me back from ever making a Wolf3d project: CODING.

Until there is a complete, detailed, and easy step-by-step guide on how to code on Wolf4SDL, I will never even consider swallowing my pride and learn coding the hard way.
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by jayngo26 Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:36 pm

I voted for lack of time. But, really I get very obsessive compulsive about stuff. I get into a certain hobby and give 110% only to get burned out. Then, usually months later I get back into it. It's how I roll, I guess...

http://jayngoware.com/
    Zombie_Plan
    Zombie_Plan
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Post by Zombie_Plan Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Lack of inspiration.

I'm trying to wrap my head around SDL, but there is also a strong part of me that wants to crack open the DOS source because I knew my way around that.

Wolf3D.net - Community Publishing Platform and Development Resource
    Wolf3D.net Discord
    Valts
    Valts
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 384
    Job : Student (Estonian University of Life Sciences)
    Hobbie : reading, history, poker, billiard and snooker, gaming
    Registration date : 2007-05-16

Post by Valts Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:42 am

Mostly lack of inspiration (mapping), but sometimes lack of time.
    Havoc
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Male
    Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-01-16

Post by Havoc Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:53 am

Lack of time.

I help people with finishing their projects coding-wise a good few times, so I don't have much time for my own projects.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:31 am