Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Title screen for Doom mods

Garyacord
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-10-22

Title screen for Doom mods Empty Title screen for Doom mods

Post by Garyacord Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:14 am

I'd like to make a Doom mod, but would I have to recompile the game from source to change the title screen? I saw a Doom mod the other day with a title screen, but I don't know how they did it. Is there a program for Doom like FloEdit for Wolfenstein, that will allow one to change the title screen. Or do they have to reassemble the game from scratch to do so?
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Title screen for Doom mods Empty Re: Title screen for Doom mods

Post by Per-Scan Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:37 am

You can use a program like XWE. You can extract a wad in it. Look for the asset called "titlepic" (or thereabouts). Replace titlepic with your picture and recompile the wad. For making your wad I'd recommend Doom Builder or if your machine can handle it Doom Builder 2. Smile
    Garyacord
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-10-22

Post by Garyacord Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Thanks for the info, Per-Scan. I got the XWE and managed to create a few Doom mods. Gloomstein has Wolfenstein characters, a character from Heretic, the Pacman character, a couple of characters from Doom2, and Zapper appears as a statue. It is an add-on for Doom. Works best on Doom 1.666. Works okay on Ultimate Doom.
    I also updated Pacdoom and Pacdoom2, and added title screens and everything.
    All three mods -- Gloomstein, Pacdoom, and Pacdoom2 -- are available at the Acord Games website under "Other Games". http://Acordgames.webstarts.com
    Now I'm looking for a good map editor that will allow me to export a map from one wad and import it into another. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Gary

Last edited by Garyacord on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : unclear on some points)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:05 am