Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...


    The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Share

    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1166
    Age : 26
    Location : Pennsylvania, U.S.A
    Hobbie : Video games (mostly PC)
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

    The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by WolferCooker on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:05 am

    First topic message reminder :

    Okay this latest released mod made by Mario Maniac and Mega Luigi has a lot of problems, but I know how to get it to work at least in Windows 7. You guys are pretty much on your own on the XP.

    If you guys haven't played it yet and want to play it here is what you do (Windows 7):

    REQUIRED:

    - Run the game in compatibility mode located under the Properties of Wolf4sdl.exe. Set the compatibility mode to Windows XP, Vista, OR FOR BEST RESULTS, WINDOWS 95. THE GAME WILL CRASH UNLESS YOU RUN IT IN COMPATIBILITY MODE.

    - Once a level has been loaded, the playing screen gets severely distorted. Adjust the game screen view in the main menu to full screen mode and the screen will be temporarily fixed. You must adjust the screen every level as the screen will be get distorted again after its done loading. Just remember to set the screen back to full screen mode.

    OPTIONAL:

    - Run the game in windowed mode to solve the palette problem. Create a separate batch file using Notepad and using @wolf4sdl --windowed. Do not save it text format. Be warned as you will not be able to use the mouse when playing.

    - If do not want to run the game in windowed mode, you don't have to at all. The palette problems will exist, BUT IT WILL FIX ITSELF AT RANDOM TIMES IF YOU KEEP EXITING AND LOADING THE GAME.


    I have beaten the game countless times so look to me for help if you have trouble with a level. Also open to discussions.[b]


    Last edited by WolferCooker on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update post)

    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1166
    Age : 26
    Location : Pennsylvania, U.S.A
    Hobbie : Video games (mostly PC)
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by WolferCooker on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:08 pm

    Say what you want about them, but the past is the past. That was 8 years ago Giftmacher. What makes you think they haven't changed?

    giftmacher
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

    Number of posts : 332
    Age : 41
    Registration date : 2007-03-25

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by giftmacher on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:13 pm

    Bring 'em on fanboy, bring 'em on geek

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:23 pm

    @giftmacher wrote:Mah.. after being banned from DHW way back in 2004, they decided they didn't want to be bossed around by powertrip-driven admins anymore and so they created their own Wolf3d forum (sounds familiar Eric, no? tongue) and a damn good one too.. With the exception of some stubborn individuals, most of the big names in the community joined that place. Too bad it died down a couple of years later, due to lack of interest of the Mario Brothers themselves.

    http://web.archive.org/web/20100801045422//wolfers.greatboard.com/
    Sounds familiar for some reason... drunken



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1166
    Age : 26
    Location : Pennsylvania, U.S.A
    Hobbie : Video games (mostly PC)
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by WolferCooker on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:50 pm

    Seems like you guys want to make this personal. If that's the case, then I'm not speaking on it no more. I gave it my all to try and get you guys to hold off on the criticisms until after the mod is released, but if this is how you play it then the hell with you all.


    Last edited by WolferCooker on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:52 pm

    How is this personal? Thomas is being Thomas and Giftmacher barely said anything.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1166
    Age : 26
    Location : Pennsylvania, U.S.A
    Hobbie : Video games (mostly PC)
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by WolferCooker on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:00 pm

    Giftmacher has his own views about them and that's fine, but it seems he still hasn't let go of the past.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Guest on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:37 pm

    Hi Jim!


    Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:42 pm

    Chokster37 wrote:

    There's nothing wrong with venturing into the past, especially memorable things we tend to forget as we do our boring daily routines.

    Completely agree!



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Thomas on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:12 am

    I remember that forum. I remember Chris' alias was Corran Horn (or something? Or was that Monkee? If there was a George, then it surely was Chris, I suppose), though it only occurred to me years later. I liked the forum, as a total newbie it was fun and way more open than the already well-settled DHW, I remember BrotherTank dropped by to diss, but hey, at least that gave him something to do that day.

    I must admit I became quite cross with Mega Luigi (never found much out about Mario Maniac, to me they were always the typical 'brother' team - the silent, reserved elder one and the blabbermouth young one) --- after he persistently wrote me on MSN day after day after day sending ugly meme photos back then (like the Arab guy with huge teeth, not funny at all) and writing very bad Latin American English (hey man, you liking my picture, man?) etc. etc... But the forum was enjoyable though. I requested my user be deleted back then too after the MSN spat, and they obliged, so I guess my traces have been deleted there (or maybe my posts are read as 'Guest'?)

    And this is not being personal, this is just saying things. There's a similar thing going on right now on DHW, with Chris and Josh and everything. Why on earth can't people say anything anywhere?! What is the Internet for, then?! If people want to live in kindergarten mentality, go join a Hello Kitty forum or whatever. Or, better yet, become a moderator and spread world peace by saying we are all wrong.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:33 am

    I don't think Brothertank ever dissed this forum, which is cool. I vaguely remember him posting as a guest long time ago... 'back when I was a little kid'. Really, Really Happy



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Thomas on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:19 am

    It still blows my mind that this forum is more than 5 years old.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:43 pm

    @Thomas wrote:It still blows my mind that this forum is more than 5 years old.
    Why?



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Thomas on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:36 pm

    I don't know. I suppose I still see it as the 'new forum' or something. You know how that goes.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:51 pm

    In my view, 5 years is a long time, from being 13 till' now. Felt like an eternity. tongue



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Number of posts : 135
    Age : 13
    Registration date : 2012-11-01

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Mega Luigi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:50 pm

    Heya,


    I guess it's been a long time since my last post in one of these forums, therefore it's a bit hard to know where to start.

    First of all, I would like to comment a little bit on Lost Relic: The game obviously has a major bug that prevents most people from playing it, besides other minor (at least compared to that one) problems. It must be noticeable already, neither me or Mario have any clue of where the problem is, what makes pointless fixing all the other minor problems. The "screen colors defect" doesn't happen for me most of the times. I never really thought that this could cause so much trouble for running the game on other computers. As for it being too difficult, I agree. We decided to make the game be a challenge on any difficulty, even the easier one, leaving to the player the choice to raise or not that challenge. We also never quite agreed with the "difficulty model" used in original Wolfenstein, where the last three difficulties are the same with more/less enemies.

    @giftmacher:Interestingly, that forum was working not so long ago, maybe a month.

    As for the past, we were noob (and I mean noobs, not newbies), but I can't be mad at any of you because you were right, obviously, and that would make me a hypocrite. For that reason, I forgive you all.

    For now, that's it.

    Luigi.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:40 pm

    @Mega Luigi wrote:Heya,


    I guess it's been a long time since my last post in one of these forums, therefore it's a bit hard to know where to start.

    First of all, I would like to comment a little bit on Lost Relic: The game obviously has a major bug that prevents most people from playing it, besides other minor (at least compared to that one) problems. It must be noticeable already, neither me or Mario have any clue of where the problem is, what makes pointless fixing all the other minor problems. The "screen colors defect" doesn't happen for me most of the times. I never really thought that this could cause so much trouble for running the game on other computers. As for it being too difficult, I agree. We decided to make the game be a challenge on any difficulty, even the easier one, leaving to the player the choice to raise or not that challenge. We also never quite agreed with the "difficulty model" used in original Wolfenstein, where the last three difficulties are the same with more/less enemies.

    @giftmacher:Interestingly, that forum was working not so long ago, maybe a month.

    As for the past, we were noob (and I mean noobs, not newbies), but I can't be mad at any of you because you were right, obviously, and that would make me a hypocrite. For that reason, I forgive you all.

    For now, that's it.

    Luigi.

    Hey,

    Welcome to the forum! cheers
    Quick question: Did you finish The Lost Relic on hardest difficulty? While I agree that original Wolf was way too easy, easiest mode should remain very easy because some people are very bad at Wolf3d and struggle on default Wolf. For me personally, every difficult level presents frustration, but also a sense of accomplishment after finishing. The last level ended up being quite unique for me because of the way I had to fight to beat the level.

    Cheers.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Thomas on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:46 pm

    This is great. Your English is ten thousand percent better than back then, still got the creepy picture and all but that's OK. Welcome back.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:47 pm

    Yeah, that picture creeps me out completely. Shocked



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Number of posts : 135
    Age : 13
    Registration date : 2012-11-01

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Mega Luigi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:50 pm

    @Wizzie (May I call you Wizzie? Doesn't matter, I already did): Sadly to say I never did that Rolling Eyes

    @Thomas: Yeah, I suppose it did get better. Even though it seems nobody noticed, at that time, I was a 9 year old kid from a non-english speaking country that was actually interested in coding. Ain't that cool?

    Ah, and I put that picture as avatar just for you. You liking it man??

    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1166
    Age : 26
    Location : Pennsylvania, U.S.A
    Hobbie : Video games (mostly PC)
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by WolferCooker on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:56 pm

    HAHAHA!! Welcome Mega! I've seen that pic before on the internet, but it's less freaky when it's pixelated on the Wolf3d sign-on screens.

    Anyway, it's good to have one of you guys on board here. It's very surprising your mods were mentioned again just before you joined. I thought it was all old news after 2 years ago.


    Last edited by WolferCooker on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:03 pm

    I got bored. Stuff happened. The Lost Relic was mentioned again. Arrow Or so it goes.

    @Mega Luigi wrote:@Wizzie (May I call you Wizzie? Doesn't matter, I already did): Sadly to say I never did that Rolling Eyes

    @Thomas: Yeah, I suppose it did get better. Even though it seems nobody noticed, at that time, I was a 9 year old kid from a non-english speaking country that was actually interested in coding. Ain't that cool?

    Ah, and I put that picture as avatar just for you. You liking it man??

    Yeah, Wizzie is fine.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Guest on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:07 pm

    Hi Calvin!


    Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Thomas on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:35 pm

    I definitely think we could all benefit from the ethics they show at the Hello Kitty forum. Oh yes!

    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by ronwolf1705 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:25 pm

    I'm still just as confused about if they're the same person or not as I was in the beginning, but no matter...

    Don't be, they're not.




    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Guest on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:23 am

    Hi Ronnie!


    Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Thomas on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:00 am

    FUCK DA POLICE

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Guest on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:04 am

    Hi Bill!


    Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 1166
    Age : 26
    Location : Pennsylvania, U.S.A
    Hobbie : Video games (mostly PC)
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by WolferCooker on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:50 am

    joking around much Chokster?

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:28 pm

    KGB gonna get you...



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Thomas on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:52 pm

    But KFC got me first.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:10 pm

    FATTY Cool



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Thomas on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:26 pm

    *sobs*

    In all honesty, there is only one KFC in Denmark, and that is in Copenhagen, a city I don't care for, plus it's 300 kms away. I went to KFC once, when I was in Warsaw four years ago on touring with my music school. It was funny, the first couple of chicken-or-whatever, but it got real grimy thereafter.

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:11 pm

    On level 6 right now. Got really down on ammo on level 5, so I took secret level, which had a lot of ammo and health. Left with full hp and ammo for chaingun and machine gun. I have not met into a very hard level yet. So far I have not needed to knife any enemies to get enough ammo.

    For secret level, I lured the last ubermutant out of the elevator so I didn't have to waste ammo on it. Every level I look at all of the secrets with the map editor.

    Of course, later stages is where the difficulty begins. Going to use the weapon with the ammo provided in mind. The boss-merry-go-around tactic to kill some of the later bosses. With a mouse I can play the last level with better accuracy. Start out each level with a new save, so if my later 8 saves fail, I can restart with max ammo/health at the elevator.

    The columns that are breakable can be found by simply walking parallel to it. If you can't go straight, means it's destructable.

    (This is the hardest difficulty playthrough)

    Now onto level 7. 6 had tons of ammo. Death Knight here I come!

    Finished level 9, but not maxed out on ammo. Had to do some fancy luring to get the unkillable monster out of the way.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:03 pm

    Got to level 13. The secret area leading to secret elevator on 12 was interesting, but I'm not going to lose all of my flamethrower supplies on those two bosses when I can ignore them, kill the oil barrels and go straight through to level 31. Level 31 I didn't finish, but was pretty fun. I had to kill the barons of hell with a chaingun, and one got through the door, and I somehow killed it by dodging its projectiles in plain site in a small space.

    So far, not too difficult still. I'm having much less trouble than I anticipated.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:45 pm

    Level 13 - Short on ammo. I strolled through the level after I beat it to pick up any stray ammo. I could've restarted level and knifed SS, but I don't think the situation calls for that yet. Got a backup save in case.

    Holy mother of god! 14 was just fine until I got the Schabbs. It's difficult to kill all the bosses because I"m in the center with no cover. I spammed my flamethrower in all directions to hit all bosses from all angles. Eventually, there was a monster left and Schabbs. I got them in the center, fired at them with the chaingun while running clockwise to dodge their projectiles. That was quite a bit of technique. I left the level with max ammo except from my flamethrower, which was depleted to zero. I can't think of way to beat that without a flamethrower.

    I've beaten bosses that only shoot projectiles by dodging in the open, but this is the first time I got two bosses at once.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:08 am

    Brothers of Shadow level - All fine and dandy until I got to the teleporter that leads to a room with 4 bosses. It's very difficult to take them down because the room is small and they can surround me. I got the fake hitler without giving my position away to the other 3, then used Nordenfelt to take one out. With 2 bosses, it's much easier. That took many tries.

    Annilation - WTF? I went into a teleporter that forces me to go into a room locked with green key... and I don't have it. I'm stuck and my latest save was from last level...



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

    Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Age : 22
    Location : USA or Tawain
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Message : I made this forum when I was 13 High on Drugs
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Dark_wizzie on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:36 am

    I'm going straight to the final level. Anybody interested in watching The Lost Relic's last level done on hardest difficulty? Wink It'll be a long video though.



    Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 332
    Age : 19
    Hobbie : Video and Wolf 3D mode making
    Registration date : 2014-08-04

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Officer-Michael John on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:09 am

    It can kill a black mancubus theknifeFury. I tried to track 29 as I picked up the knife to puncture a fury of black mancubus also killed. The onlyproblem is that few have expressed fury pitch capability. The poor have little ammunition is some weapons: rocket launchers. Anyway, these weapons could have been more into it.I do not know how to cheat. I love when you can cheat because some tracks are too many enemy he should be the way of god mode.I like the mutant opponents in one mode, they will come again, but I will not tell which mode.In which year did not take place historically enter the Read This!

    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Number of posts : 135
    Age : 13
    Registration date : 2012-11-01

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Mega Luigi on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:54 am

    @Officer-Michael John wrote:It can kill a black mancubus theknifeFury. I tried to track 29 as I picked up the knife to puncture a fury of black mancubus also killed. The onlyproblem is that few have expressed fury pitch capability. The poor have little ammunition is some weapons: rocket launchers. Anyway, these weapons could have been more into it.I do not know how to cheat. I love when you can cheat because some tracks are too many enemy he should be the way of god mode.I like the mutant opponents in one mode, they will come again, but I will not tell which mode.In which year did not take place historically enter the Read This!

    Interesting to see someone bumping this thread so much time later. Anyway, I'm not sure if I follow you, but the black mancubus, as you say, is to be killed with the artifact of fury, yeah. I wouldn't try to kill it with normal ammunition (I'm not even sure you have enough ammo for that either way).

    I know what you are saying about cheats as many people already commented the same thing. The reason because the cheats were disabled is because we (me and my brother) think it's nicer this way. Compare old games (such as SNES games) with newer games (like Wii, PS3, XBox 360...) and you will notice that older games were usually much harder than the ones we have nowadays. Particularly, I preferred the old way, so we try to create something that looks like the old gameses. Cool

    I'm sorry, but I didn't understand what you asked about the ReadThis! section. Could you explain it better?

    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 332
    Age : 19
    Hobbie : Video and Wolf 3D mode making
    Registration date : 2014-08-04

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Officer-Michael John on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:21 pm

    What year takes place in The Lost Relic? We track 14 of the bait because it is very difficult when you teleport into the room where the exit is and they will kill a lot of enemies quickly.

    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Number of posts : 135
    Age : 13
    Registration date : 2012-11-01

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Mega Luigi on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:59 am

    @Officer-Michael John wrote:What year takes place in The Lost Relic? We track 14 of the bait because it is very difficult when you teleport into the room where the exit is and they will kill a lot of enemies quickly.
    Around 1945.

    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 332
    Age : 19
    Hobbie : Video and Wolf 3D mode making
    Registration date : 2014-08-04

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Officer-Michael John on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:26 am

    Thank you Mega Luigi. There will be another way mod?

    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Number of posts : 135
    Age : 13
    Registration date : 2012-11-01

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Mega Luigi on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:32 am

    Yeah, in fact we are already creating it. There is also a topic some in this forum about it. It's called "Shadow Genesis".

    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 332
    Age : 19
    Hobbie : Video and Wolf 3D mode making
    Registration date : 2014-08-04

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Officer-Michael John on Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:17 am

    Hi Mega Liugi! I would like to ask for help from you. How did you know about Mario Maniac
    in put new sounds, weapons, cartridges, life-saving packages?
    How did you know to change the value of the weapons when we record, the strength of the enemies of weapons?
    The Signon Screen how do I change it?
    Wolf 3D SDL mode to.

    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Number of posts : 135
    Age : 13
    Registration date : 2012-11-01

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Mega Luigi on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:48 am

    @Officer-Michael John wrote:Hi Mega Liugi! I would like to ask for help from you. How did you know about Mario Maniac
    in put new sounds, weapons, cartridges, life-saving packages?
    How did you know to change the value of the weapons when we record, the strength of the enemies of weapons?
    The Signon Screen how do I change it?
    Wolf 3D SDL mode to.
    Well, there are a lot of tutorials on how to do such changes at DHW. Why don't you take a look there? I think it will enlighten you quite a bit.

    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 332
    Age : 19
    Hobbie : Video and Wolf 3D mode making
    Registration date : 2014-08-04

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Officer-Michael John on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:53 am

    After this step, only Dos codes I have seen and not SDL case

    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Number of posts : 135
    Age : 13
    Registration date : 2012-11-01

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Mega Luigi on Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:01 am

    That doesn't necessarily means it doesn't work. Usually it takes only a few adjustments to make it work.

    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

    Male
    Number of posts : 332
    Age : 19
    Hobbie : Video and Wolf 3D mode making
    Registration date : 2014-08-04

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Officer-Michael John on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:31 am

    It would be the question of Luigi,so that it can be done, that Hitler's ghost andThere is only one placerespawning such as the 15th of the favorite track swallowing injury,so that in him there is about Adolf Hitler.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Lost Relic TC problems/help/discussions

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:01 pm


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:01 pm