Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

VGAGraph Troubles

jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

VGAGraph Troubles Empty VGAGraph Troubles

Post by jayngo26 Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:49 pm

I have added new pics to the VGAGraph in the past with no problems at all. I use this tutorial:MCS Adding pics tutorial

Today I added 4 more pics all at one time. The code compiled with no problems, but when I fire up my game on the very first screen (the one that says Press a key) at the top of the screen it gets all garbled and displays two of the new images I added and they are all garbled too. However, it appears that the rest of the game plays fine and the pics I added even work in my finart with no problems. ChaosEdit says the new pics are Chunk 141-144. Not sure if there is a limit at all for how many chunks can be added. I have even gone back and double checked my code to make sure I didn't miss anything. Does anybody know what the problem is??

EDIT: Since yesterday I deleted two of the 4 new pics I added and now I am having no problems. The two I deleted were of larger size. One was the same size as Chunk 4 (the castle pic) which is 112 x 56. The other was something like 96 x 70 I believe. Maybe the problem was these two pics were too big?

If anyone else has an explanation, please let me know. I would like to add those two pics if possible...

http://jayngoware.com/

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:26 am