Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

5 posters

wolf3d on wii

wolf3d1985
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2010-03-04

wolf3d - wolf3d on wii Empty wolf3d on wii

Post by wolf3d1985 Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:55 pm

hey guys,

new to the site....im a huge fan of wolf 3d fan...i play all my wolf games on my hacked wii and PSP..(can never get them to run right on vista)

Not sure if you guys know about how to play wolfenstein 3d games on your hacked wii but This game was ported to the wii for the original wolf 3d and SOD but i recently tested the last waltz and some other games that utilize the same engine as the original spear and wolf 3d games.....This could potentially work with alot of different wolf 3d games that have been created..Thought you guys would be interested....

heres a example(sorry for my not so good skills and video quality)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAShrlHVgio
    PicNic
    PicNic
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1584
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

wolf3d - wolf3d on wii Empty Re: wolf3d on wii

Post by PicNic Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:04 am

I already know.
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Schabbs Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:10 pm

wolf3d1985 wrote:hey guys,

new to the site....im a huge fan of wolf 3d fan...i play all my wolf games on my hacked wii and PSP..(can never get them to run right on vista)

Not sure if you guys know about how to play wolfenstein 3d games on your hacked wii but This game was ported to the wii for the original wolf 3d and SOD but i recently tested the last waltz and some other games that utilize the same engine as the original spear and wolf 3d games.....This could potentially work with alot of different wolf 3d games that have been created..Thought you guys would be interested....

heres a example (sorry for my not so good skills and video quality)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAShrlHVgio

Welcome to the forum. Re the difficulty of getting Wolf mods to play on Vista, we do now have a number of mods that play on Vista straight from Windows without having to use Dosbox.

There's a list near the end of the page at http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/dosbox.htm .
    wolf3d1985
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Post by wolf3d1985 Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:50 pm

ok thanks alot!. i do wanna check out the haven mapset...looks like some good stuff..
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by jayngo26 Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:37 am

While there is a nice list of SDL mods which run on Vista, the majority use Dos. You can still easily play these by downloading DosBox. It's a Dos emulator which works really great for most Wolf3d mods. Alternatively you could also use VDMSound. Although I feel DosBox works better...
    wolf3d1985
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Post by wolf3d1985 Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:59 pm

ya i can never seem to get dos box to run in full screen though....ill look into it..i never really spent a lot of time on it..i like playing a lot of these games on my PSP so i can play em at my desk at work...
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Schabbs Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:03 am

wolf3d1985 wrote:ya i can never seem to get dos box to run in full screen though....ill look into it..i never really spent a lot of time on it..i like playing a lot of these games on my PSP so i can play em at my desk at work...
    Pressing ALT/Enter keys together should bring up the full screen.
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Post by jayngo26 Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:50 am

wolf3d1985 wrote:ya i can never seem to get dos box to run in full screen though....ill look into it..i never really spent a lot of time on it..i like playing a lot of these games on my PSP so i can play em at my desk at work...

Playing Wolf at work..Shame,shame,shame on you! wolf3d - wolf3d on wii Icon_biggrin

That reminds me. Remember the "Boss Key" that ID implemented into SOD??? My memory is a little fuzzy on this, but I believe it was in SOD only. You hit a certain key and it brings up a false/fake "Dos Screen" to fool you boss if he passes by while you're playing at work. Does anybody remember this or am I losing my mind once again?confused?
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

wolf3d - wolf3d on wii Empty Boss Key

Post by stathmk Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:00 pm

jayngo26 wrote:Playing Wolf at work..Shame,shame,shame on you! wolf3d - wolf3d on wii Icon_biggrin

That reminds me. Remember the "Boss Key" that ID implemented into SOD??? My memory is a little fuzzy on this, but I believe it was in SOD only. You hit a certain key and it brings up a false/fake "Dos Screen" to fool you boss if he passes by while you're playing at work. Does anybody remember this or am I losing my mind once again?confused?
    It's an Easter Egg. I used it at home once just to see if it would work. It's so simple that your boss probably won't be gullible enough to be fooled unless your boss has vision problems. Plus, I remember it had "C>" or "C:>" instead of "C:\>," so it didn't look right. I'm old enough to remember what it's like to use DOS. Plus, if your boss is a Spear of Destiny fan, then he's heard of it.
    wolf3d1985
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Post by wolf3d1985 Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:32 pm

ha ha that was way before i started working. I started playing wolf games when i was about 5 or 6 yrs old on our packard bell computer that we had..never knew that a key like that existed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:10 pm