Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

Question About Wolf3d Haven Forum Credits System

jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Question About Wolf3d Haven Forum Credits System Empty Question About Wolf3d Haven Forum Credits System

Post by jayngo26 Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:56 pm

I noticed this a while ago, but my brain just seemed to comprehend the meaningless worthlessness of the Credit value associated with everybody on this forum. Wondering what Credits are? Well, me too. You'll see my Credit value to the left of this post, under my forum name and just above Reputation.

Now, universally, Credits are usually associated with a monetary value. Take Star Wars for example. Currently, I have over 1,000 Credits! What can I use this for? Do I get paid? Maybe by Dark Wizzie or Schabbs? What can I spend them on?

This now leads into my second point/question. What bearing does my Reputation have on this Fourm? Currently, I have a Reputation of 9. Is that good? Is that bad? If it's counted as 1 out of 10, then my Reputation of 9 is astronomically awesome. However, if it's counted as 1 out of 100, well then, I truly am in the deplorable state I thought I was in to begin with....

Clearly I find things like this much more fascinating than sleep, as it is currently 1:54 A.M....

http://jayngoware.com/
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Question About Wolf3d Haven Forum Credits System Empty "Thanks" points

Post by stathmk Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:44 pm

I only partly understand the reputation system and points. Say that you ask a question in a forum and somebody replies. You have the option of clicking on "Thanks" for their post, which will give him points. That's pretty much all I understand because I didn't contemplate it very much.
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Question About Wolf3d Haven Forum Credits System Empty Re: Question About Wolf3d Haven Forum Credits System

Post by jayngo26 Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Case and point stathmk. I just clicked on "thanks" for you. I feel this thread needs to continue that trend. Would the next person who leaves a comment on this thread please click the "thanks" button on my post? etc, etc, etc.....

http://jayngoware.com/
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Question About Wolf3d Haven Forum Credits System Empty Re: Question About Wolf3d Haven Forum Credits System

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:41 pm

You get points by posting/posting on a person's profile/getting friends
    You get reputation by how many times someone says "thanks" to a post.
    I just use it to track as statistics. And ofcourse, if many people say "thanks" to your post, you are obviously a nice man we can use for, say, moderator. Smile
    You get differant amount of credits for posting on differant parts of the forum.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm